By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GOW3 very much likely to selll 1.5 mn+ first week.

American pre-orders are enough to get it 750k to 1 million 1st week. The GOW fanbase is just as large elsewhere in the world as it is in the U.S. Another .5 million won't be a problem.

Sorry to disappoint the non believers, but it will do 1.25-1.5m first week.

Around the Network
CaseyDDR said:
No way it will sell 1 mil first week. Game isn't that good.

We are not talking about Dante´s Inferno here so.

STFU and GET THE **** OUT OF HERE!!

peace

I'm not sure about the first week but I'm pretty sure it's gonna sell over a million in march npd.

The hype is huge here in Spain, i mean bigger then Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2. So it may get close to 500k or over in Others week one.

I think it will hit a 1m mark first week.

Around the Network

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umg-t7JDwsM
fan made trailer

i'd say with the recent amount of pre orders, a worldwide first week sales of about 1.5 million wouldn't be hard to belive.

I honestly think piracy really hurt the previous two games performance in others. Supposedely first shipment to Spain is 120k which should translate to about a 70k-80k first week. Considering that Spain isn't even PS3's strongest territory in Europe I'd say atleast a 500k opening week in others is basically guaranteed and 600k is a possibility. That means that GOW3 could beat GOW2's lifetime others sales of 670k in 2 weeks and GOW1's 710k in 2 or 3. This game will destroy it's predecessors sales by a significant margin. And if the rumor of Canadian first shipment of 225k is true and Canadian first week is 125k-150k than I'd say 1.5 million first week is a certainty. This prediction is looking pretty good.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

postofficebuddy said:
I honestly think piracy really hurt the previous two games performance in others. Supposedely first shipment to Spain is 120k which should translate to about a 70k-80k first week. Considering that Spain isn't even PS3's strongest territory in Europe I'd say atleast a 500k opening week in others is basically guaranteed and 600k is a possibility. That means that GOW3 could beat GOW2's lifetime others sales of 670k in 2 weeks and GOW1's 710k in 2 or 3. This game will destroy it's predecessors sales by a significant margin. And if the rumor of Canadian first shipment of 225k is true and Canadian first week is 125k-150k than I'd say 1.5 million first week is a certainty. This prediction is looking pretty good.

Regarding your statement about PS3 strength in Spain.

It's one of the best countries in Europe taking the attachment rate into account. If you talk about numbers, I must point out that Spain's population is about 45.000.000 people, while UK, Germany of France are above 80.000.000. Italy is 60.000.000 also. I'm just talking about the group of UE's strongest countries (where Spain used to be until our president reached the power... now we might not be there anymore).

These are words of peace, I think your statements are correct ^^. I just wanted to point that out :).

BTW: I say GOWIII won't make it to 1 million WW OW. I know numbers say otherwise, but I trust PS3 1st party games no more (concerning sales OW :p, of course). I expect below 1 million Week 1, but strong sales LTD. Above 6 millions I would say.

edit: misspelt

postofficebuddy said:

when we get updates on remote data like these(Canada and Spain preorders), it all adds stength to this prediction. I agree with the statement that piracy is a factor that can differentiate sales margin. And as sony is taking every steps to keep the supply constraints at bay, the lift-off is pretty much expected, preorder stands at 480+ and has edged out Pokemon's current preorder. All these positive data relates to very good 1st week sell through..My fingers crossed as being the one who started this thread.