By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GOW3 very much likely to selll 1.5 mn+ first week.

Smashchu2 said:
God of War is not a big series. It did around 3million at best. Each game has sold less and less. 2million is likely, although the collection on the PS3 didn't do so hot.

Althbough off topic you have got to be fucking kidding me.

Around the Network
Smashchu2 said:
God of War is not a big series. It did around 3million at best. Each game has sold less and less. 2million is likely, although the collection on the PS3 didn't do so hot.

Actually, our incomplete figures show the first God of War topping 3 million, and the second God of War topping two million despite being released on ps2 six months after the ps3 hit the market.

On top of all that our Others numbers are a bit low according to ioi, and will be getting adjusted accordingly.

And the Collection has performed quite nicely for a rerelease only released in one territory.  It'll eventually break a million.

steverhcp02 said:
Smashchu2 said:

It did ~.66 million worldwide when all the other games did 2 milluion plus. That, my friend, is the definition of not-so-hot.

@makingmusic: the figures you mentioned are what I used in my post. The game came out at the end of the PS2 where it has the largest userbase and still before the next gen consoles. It did OK, but people put it in a leauge it isn't in. You can't compair it to FF, MGS or GT. It does not do as well as those games as trends have shown. Also, it is very possible collections wont break 1 million (in the US) as it's long past it's prime. It was selling around 15K or so at week 10 and it's way past week 10. It can only hope to break it worldwide, but not in the US.

Smashchu2 said:
steverhcp02 said:
Smashchu2 said:

It did ~.66 million worldwide when all the other games did 2 milluion plus. That, my friend, is the definition of not-so-hot.

You... you do know the Collection is just the first two games in HD?

Smashchu2 said:
steverhcp02 said:
Smashchu2 said:

Well considering your holding 2 remakes with slightly enhanced graphics, and seem to think its WW when its a single territory, and are also comparing it to full fledged games i think id rather put my man parts in a blender than carry on this waste of time....plus its off topic.

1.5 million would be awesome but ill say a conservative 1.3 million

Around the Network
Smashchu2 said:

well it seems you ignored the route up the hype titan and you call a series that raked in about 8 million not big..quite surprising!! Agreed that the series showed a decline, but they were on the previous gen console and the second title fell prey to piracy. The GOW3 quadruples all the visual stuff that was delivered in GOW2. It's making waves and LTD sales are meant to surpass way ahead of both it's predecessors. 

Smashchu2 said:
steverhcp02 said:
Smashchu2 said:

Maybe because 2 million people already had the games?

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

GameAnalyser said:
Smashchu2 said:

well it seems you ignored the route up the hype titan and you call a series that raked in about 8 million not big..quite surprising!! Agreed that the series showed a decline, but they were on the previous gen console and the second title fell prey to piracy. The GOW3 quadruples all the visual stuff that was delivered in GOW2. It's making waves and LTD sales are meant to surpass way ahead of both it's predecessors. 

Graphics do not increase sales. Most big games on the PS3 have not topped their best selling predicessor despire they beat them in graphics. Wii games greatly outsell PS3 games despite their graphics are much weaker.

As far as making waves, I have heard almost mothing from anyone about this title, despite FF13, MGS4, GTA4 and Heavy Rain made people go bonkers.

Smashchu2 said:
GameAnalyser said:
Smashchu2 said:

Graphics do not increase sales. Most big games on the PS3 have not topped their best selling predicessor despire they beat them in graphics. Wii games greatly outsell PS3 games despite their graphics are much weaker.

As far as making waves, I have heard almost mothing from anyone about this title, despite FF13, MGS4, GTA4 and Heavy Rain made people go bonkers.

So do you live in a cave and your cave parents just let you on the interwebs for the first time in 18 months tonight?

Stop quoting the ignorant person please.