By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why did you buy your PS3? (The strongest reason.)

Why did you buy your PS3? (The strongest reason.)

Brand loyalty. 93 22.20%

Blu-ray. 47 11.22%

Exclusive games. 181 43.20%

Reliability of hardware. 30 7.16%

Free online play - PSN/web browser. 20 4.77%

Other (Please describe below) 48 11.46%

Total:419

because it only does everything

Around the Network

Mainly:

1. Excellent exclusives, best of any console this generation.

2. Robust multimedia to fill in when my PC is failing.

3. Free online play.

4. Hardware reliability.

5. I've always been a fan of Sony and Nintendo.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

richardhutnik said:
Random Canadian said:
Because my Playstation had just broke , no joke

oh and it was a Playstation ver 2, not a PSone or PSX

So, you bought a PS3 because your PS2 broke?  Does your PS3 play your PS2 games?

Not a PS2 ... But yes I have a 60 gig thats fully BC

Maybe revision is a better term.. the launch playstations had something go in the cd rom that made you have to turn them upside down to get the disc to read.. I had the second version that fixed that problem.  It was over 10 years old

RIP little guy

Blu-Ray.

And then RPGs

Exclusive Games

I got the PS3 cause I loved the games on the PS2. I loved playing my friend's PS2 but never actually bought one 'cause by the time I really got into it, the new consoles were right around the corner. The PS2 had a whole bunch of series that I really enjoyed, so I bought a PS3 to continue them.

Around the Network

Actually. only for one reason.

Team Ico.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Exclusives. There isn't a way to get Ratchet, Gran Turismo, or God of War anywhere else!

MGS4.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Brand loyalty

Yh sounds shallow but when it comes to sony consoles i knew what games to expect so i wanted it. I knew back then sony had the best first party in my opinion and i knew the PS3 would end up with the most games that i wanted. It didnt hurt that it had a free bluray player built in and free online play.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Severance said:
Actually. only for one reason.

Team Ico.

That falls under the "exclusive games" category >_>

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)