By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why did you buy your PS3? (The strongest reason.)

Why did you buy your PS3? (The strongest reason.)

Brand loyalty. 93 22.20%

Blu-ray. 47 11.22%

Exclusive games. 181 43.20%

Reliability of hardware. 30 7.16%

Free online play - PSN/web browser. 20 4.77%

Other (Please describe below) 48 11.46%

Total:419

- Quality tech specs
- Blu Ray
- Piano Black

.. in that order.

..and lastly the Playstation brand with quality games. So yes.. i was one of those who actually bought it for the Blu Ray entertainment system rather than just a game machine.

Around the Network

I am a Super-Mega-PS/Sony-Fanboy so I had no other choice but to walk into a store day one and buy the goddamn thing.

Hideo Kojima's "Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots" for the SONY Playstation 3 Computer Entertainment System.

4 ≈ One

blue ray, free online.   GOD OF WAR 3, Gran Trusimo.   I like the PS3 exclusive games.  

brand loyalty...Blu Ray and exclusive games!

Around the Network

My 360 red ringed for the second time literally a week after getting it back from the first time, it was originally like getting back at a girlfriend who cheated on me, but i wanted Blu-ray and obviously the games, win, win, win.

MGS 4 GOW III FF 13 v

Great Exclusive games.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

I voted for Brand Loyalty because that's the closest to why but I think those words are less accurate. I think it's more of a Brand Confidence. I'm not loyal to the Playstation brand just to be loyal, I'm loyal because I have confidence in the playstation brand. They have never let me down for almost 15 years now.

I didn't know they were going to have games like Uncharted or Demon's Souls or Heavy Rain when I got my PS3 but I knew they were going to have quality unique experiences whether it be through third party exclusiveness(which obviously was dying out) or through first/second party titles I knew they would make sure the games would come and be diverse and be quality. I had confidence in them.

got tired with the RROD