By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why did you buy your PS3? (The strongest reason.)

Why did you buy your PS3? (The strongest reason.)

Brand loyalty. 93 22.20%

Blu-ray. 47 11.22%

Exclusive games. 181 43.20%

Reliability of hardware. 30 7.16%

Free online play - PSN/web browser. 20 4.77%

Other (Please describe below) 48 11.46%

Total:419

Blu-Ray. I think if the poll was available for a far more wider audience, I think, Blu-ray will defo come on top by far. Lets all be honest, the fact that exclusive games is running at the top just seems like a joke, because the sales figures for PS3 exclusives are a joke.

Around the Network

I bought it for Disgaea 3 technically.
I did expect a lot of JRPGs on it though, which didn't happen for a long time.

Backwards Compatibility. I figured since I had the money and I needed a new PS2, I picked up the PS3. I figured that 360 would eventually drop in price and then maybe it had a handful of games I wanted to play, I would pick one up. (not a shooter fan)

I'm just saying...

METAL GEAR SOLID 4
GOD OF WAR

Free online was among the reasons, another was that I skipped ps1 and ps2 (was a PC gamer for a while, still am) and wanted to play some classic (got BC compatibility )
But a important reason was that it is a GREAT mediacenter, a bluray/dvd player and I can even browse the web hey!

Around the Network

Metal Gear 4, God of War 3 and Final Fantasy (even after MS announcement).

This is actually more of an all of the above type thing other then brand loyalty.

I wanted my free online, I love it's exclusives, I wanted blu-ray and my xbox had already broke a few times.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

For the awesome games Playstation has to offer. Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Metal Gear Solid 4, etc.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Because my Playstation had just broke , no joke

oh and it was a Playstation ver 2, not a PSone or PSX

JRPGs. And even though the 360 > PS3 in that category right now, I do not regret my purchase.

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends