By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X10 : Alan Wake Images. Best Graphics on Console Ever. Yeah I said it.

when it came to kz2, uncharted2, heavy rain and gow3- all the great screen shots aside, I chose to wait until I actually played the games and seen the graphics for myself. This was a logical way of knowing that the game is as good as the screenshots and the game does what it has been said it will do.

I'm not saying Alan Wake looks bad or great. I'm saying it has the potential to live up to everything which is being said about it, but whether it does that or not, we will only know when we actually play the game.

To give you a great example, GOW3 trailer was shown yesterday and pretty much everyone who seen it went nuts, but until I know that is actual in game gameplay graphics I am not going to say it will rule above all else forever and beat every 360 game etc. Although for GOW3 there is some proof since I have played the demo and everything from draw distance, lighting and textures looked phenomenal.

Around the Network

This guy just loves stirring up insults against him. Selnor's hobby is getting teh attention on Vgchartz.

I think that if everybody commented " Game looks great" he would stop doing this extremely stupid threads.

If he would actually like sharing the pics, and the awesomeness of his games, he would just put "Alan Wake pics". It would make the thread better in terms of post quality.

Are you a girl, Selnor?

Oh man threads like thsi oen are getting so boring. AT least he got banned this time

But on topic. The game looks great. I still dont think its the best looking game ever, but it has a shot to be one of the top contenders

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
Oh man threads like thsi oen are getting so boring. AT least he got banned this time

But on topic. The game looks great. I still dont think its the best looking game ever, but it has a shot to be one of the top contenders

He didn't get banned for this thread.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

What an atrocious thread. I can't bear to read it over the first 100 replies...

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
homicidaIpanda said:
The_God_of_War said:

Christ, he's at it again. PS3 fans are invading and 360 fans are whining about PS3 fans- classic selnor thread, lol. I'll say that AW does look amazing- although not THE best looking console game- and leave it at that.

I have to agree with selnor on this one, Those alan wake screenshots are amazing, i have never seen better gameplay shots in any game on the consoles.

@the_god_of_war  post pics of a ps3 game that is better then those shots of wake, and prove me wrong.

fyi Uncharted will not have the best graphics forever...move on

Why pictures? Watch this. And this is gameplay, not some random bullshots.

And this... Seeing that the majority of pics he posted aren't gameplay. Have some non-gameplay from Killzone 2.

And this is without even going to Gran Turismo 5, Crysis 2 or Heavy Rain.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SvPQHdVG1lc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SvPQHdVG1lc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Well, check out the real time raytracing, shadowing, and life-like animation.

Posting prerendered FMV CG instead of in-engine shots is retarded.

If it isn't gameplay or in-engine, there's no point in posting it then, right?

Alan wake looks really good, and I am definately looking into it, I mean if its GTA in a forest, hell yea I'm getting it.

Graphicly it doesn't impress me though

mM

why were they removed

mM

I don't really feel like trying to catch up and read all of this but...
No, Crysis 2 says hello.