By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X10 : Alan Wake Images. Best Graphics on Console Ever. Yeah I said it.

since every other person is throwing around his or her own opinion, I will throw in mine.

Alan Wake is a brilliant looking game graphically, and it might very well be the best. We shall just have to wait and see.

Kinect! who needs video games!

Around the Network
calvinandhobbes said:
since every other person is throwing around his or her own opinion, I will throw in mine.

Alan Wake is a brilliant looking game graphically, and it might very well be the best. We shall just have to wait and see.

*Cough*Crysis2*Cough* haha :P

I actually think that crysis 2 is going to disappoint on the graphics front. Not to say it will be a bad looking game, but I don't think that the final outcome will be as spectacualr as everyone may think, especially console owners.

But hey, I hope that they prove me wrong. (not really, crysis sucked)

Kinect! who needs video games!

They have shown PS3 scans already... and from what has been shown its nothing short of spectacular on the graphics front...

You two above are right but imho GoW 3 was stronger on the graphics front and that was a video and not screenshots/scans.

Around the Network

Great thread, it looks amazing, can't wait to see it on May 18th.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

homicidaIpanda said:
The_God_of_War said:

Christ, he's at it again. PS3 fans are invading and 360 fans are whining about PS3 fans- classic selnor thread, lol. I'll say that AW does look amazing- although not THE best looking console game- and leave it at that.

I have to agree with selnor on this one, Those alan wake screenshots are amazing, i have never seen better gameplay shots in any game on the consoles.

@the_god_of_war  post pics of a ps3 game that is better then those shots of wake, and prove me wrong.

fyi Uncharted will not have the best graphics forever...move on

Heavy Rain Wins!

I wouldn't really sya its the best graphical game so far since the game not out yet
But its really looking good i hope the gameplay graphics really play and looks like it when it is released, i mean graphically between other games its going to be competitive
Its unfortunate that the PC version was canned, i was hoping to get the best version, But nevertheless the 360 always there

About Alan Wake, there is something everybody seem to forget about :

it is an overdelayed project, so the tech is rather old and most of the time it means the game will not be top notch in the gfx department at the release date (STALKER I m looking at you)

Perhaps, the only exception is GT5 because they put the bar very high with their car models ... perhaps ...

Time to Work !

STEKSTAV said:
homicidaIpanda said:
The_God_of_War said:

Christ, he's at it again. PS3 fans are invading and 360 fans are whining about PS3 fans- classic selnor thread, lol. I'll say that AW does look amazing- although not THE best looking console game- and leave it at that.

I have to agree with selnor on this one, Those alan wake screenshots are amazing, i have never seen better gameplay shots in any game on the consoles.

@the_god_of_war  post pics of a ps3 game that is better then those shots of wake, and prove me wrong.

fyi Uncharted will not have the best graphics forever...move on

Heavy Rain Wins!

Heavy Rain would not have been my first pick, that image is impressive butttt the rest of the game (thinking, other than the main characters) looks pretty average from what I've seen.

Alan wake shots look impressive, but until I actually see it on a tv in person, I'm going to have to stick with Uncharted 2 as the best graphics on consoles (thus far).