By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X10 : Alan Wake Images. Best Graphics on Console Ever. Yeah I said it.

Those graphics look good but they don't wow me like when I saw the following games for the first time:

Resident Evil 4
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Halo
Fallout 3
Metroid Prime
Doom 3

Around the Network

actual gameplay from e3

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

CGI-Quality said:
Skeeuk said:

actual gameplay from e3

That's quite an old build. Check out the more recent trailer from X10.

yes its older, but shows wat gameplay is like rather than images.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

CGI-Quality said:
huaxiong90 said:
CGI-Quality said:
huaxiong90 said:
NightAntilli said:
masschamber said:
nice and predictable graphics thread, ps3 fans saying it isn't, 360 fans saying it is, and a few reasonable people being dragged into a shouting match
first I'll say what I always say, screenshots are a terrible metric for visuals, unless you have proof of a consistent framerate if alan wake runs at a steady 60 fps, wow, if it runs at 15 fps then it is pretty unimpressive.
second the scope comes into play. Are we being given one super high detail face? that doesn't prove anything, remember code veronica and shenmue had very detailed faces, when the faces were the only thing being focused on. We the game have dozens of highly detailed enemies on screen? will it use fixed camera, will it be in open spaces or closed corridors
all of these things should be influential on visuals
other issue screenshots hide like lod, loading, and animation.
anyway the screens look nice but it is pointless for making a point
also it is a tad hypocritical of some of the people in the thread to complain about one side making threads like this when they have numerous animated gifs showing what they believe to be a visual showcase of their console of choice.

Finally someone with some sense in this thread. If anyone want to see at least some small parts in motion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMNdIKIATdg&hd=1 

I bet most people commenting here never even saw this, but whatever.

How dare you?!!

That's an awesome trailer, by the way. Looks very impressive. May can't come sooner. <_<

Well, people not agreeing that Alan Wake looks better than everything else don't necessarily "lack sense". It's just that they don't agree and it's not all Sony fans who feel that way either. What happens in a thread like this, which is truly what's so sad here, is the game in question is often ignored in favor of many others (look how off-topic this place has become).

For many, I really don't think it's selnor's opinion that people are against (even if they don't agree with it), it's his approach. Yes, other people behave this way too, from all camps, but selnor has a history that people are no longer going to ignore. A shame really, the forums could do without these types of firestarters.

From all accounts, Alan Wake is shaping up to be quite a game, and it is gorgeous, no doubt about it. But it's hard for someone like myself, who truly can't wait to play this game, sit and see this happen and not say anything, it's troublemaking at it's best and it's tiresome and unnecessary.

He was referring to the people from both camps arguing over which unreleased game has the better graphics. To quote him:

"Yeah, some comparisons simply shouldn't be made in the first place. But I'm getting tired of all the graphics hype, and people being hypocrites because they don't want the other console to have great graphics as well. It makes me sick. As for GOW III, you're right that we should wait till we see the final build, but that should be from both sides, not just the ones that give critique, and it often seems as if people are only allowed to hype it, and anyone who does not, is gonna get flamed and insulted etc. even when neither side has seen the final build. If someone is allowed to say it's the best graphics ever, someone else is also allowed to say he's not impressed. And that shouldn't turn into insults and flame wars because opinions differ. But I guess people in here are not mature enough. In this thread we already saw countless of those individuals. I'm not saying any names, because I'm not attacking anyone personally, it's just a general statement.

What also makes me sick is that only exclusives tend to get that hype, even when multi-plats tend to look just as good or better. I hear no one talking about FarCry 2 for example, while it has amazing graphics on the consoles. Or assassin's Creed II. Or my personal favorite, Mirror's Edge. In the end it's all something to brag about one's own console, which is simply not needed in the first place if you're really happy with it. Why all the hate to the other side to defend your console? Downplaying the other console isn't gonna make yours better.. It'll damage the reputation of people who share the same console as you. And I see this happening from one side way more than the other. Which side is which, I'll leave for anyone to decide for themselves, since again their opinion might differ, but the essence of my message has been delivered."

And he's correct.

Also, I agree with you. My response to CommonMan earlier was the same thing. I don't think it's selnor's opinion that's the problem, but rather his history. Like I stated many times, I'm all for honest educated opinions and supporting preferred platforms. But when he takes this approach like he has numerous times before, I just can't commend it. It disappoints me, too, as I really wish it should never come down to this.

Well, there's parts of that I agree with, and parts that I don't. Doesn't make it factual, but it is a strong opinion that I can feel in some areas.

Bottomline is, this thread wasn't made with good intentions so it's backlash should not be shocking.

I don't mean it's completely factual, but I do understand where antilli's coming from.

selnor's a good guy, and I highly respect him. But I never understood why it matters so much to him that the Xbox 360's (console) exclusives must have better graphics than PS3 exclusives.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Looks like Crysis level graphics have finally made it to consoles in Alan Wake on Xbox 360!

Around the Network

Selnor and the word credibility seem to be moving in the opposite direction

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

it definatly is pretty but not the best

Skeeuk said:

actual gameplay from e3

Actual OFF SCREEN gameplay that still looks awesome. I believe that this game is gonna surprise us all (graphics AND gameplay-story wise)

Selnor, Do you constantly have to make 360 exclusive x, no wait y, now z are best graphics on console? You also state that your OPINION = Fact, and if someone disagrees, then their stupid. What an exciting life you must lead. The poor dead horse.

huaxiong90 said:
NightAntilli said:
masschamber said:
nice and predictable graphics thread, ps3 fans saying it isn't, 360 fans saying it is, and a few reasonable people being dragged into a shouting match
first I'll say what I always say, screenshots are a terrible metric for visuals, unless you have proof of a consistent framerate if alan wake runs at a steady 60 fps, wow, if it runs at 15 fps then it is pretty unimpressive.
second the scope comes into play. Are we being given one super high detail face? that doesn't prove anything, remember code veronica and shenmue had very detailed faces, when the faces were the only thing being focused on. We the game have dozens of highly detailed enemies on screen? will it use fixed camera, will it be in open spaces or closed corridors
all of these things should be influential on visuals
other issue screenshots hide like lod, loading, and animation.
anyway the screens look nice but it is pointless for making a point
also it is a tad hypocritical of some of the people in the thread to complain about one side making threads like this when they have numerous animated gifs showing what they believe to be a visual showcase of their console of choice.

Finally someone with some sense in this thread. If anyone want to see at least some small parts in motion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMNdIKIATdg&hd=1 

I bet most people commenting here never even saw this, but whatever.

How dare you?!!

That's an awesome trailer, by the way. Looks very impressive. May can't come sooner. <_<

Sorry, you had some sense yourself xD lol.. There are a few others, like CGI, but I don't feel like listing everyone. I think everyone pretty much knows for themselves if they are not driven by this whole graphics war thing. But I won't keep quiet towards a certain group of people about their behavior.. I usually do this indirectly, since doing it directly seems to have an opposite effect of what I usually want xD

As for the trailer. I agree. It looks awesome, though I kinda feel the whole "I'm a writer looking for my wife" thing is growing kind of old. That's been said in every single trailer until now for the last couple of months, and I feel like I heard that already and want something new. That won't stop me from being interested in the game though. In a way, it's also a good thing since they won't spoil much and it's a story-driven game.. Depends on the way you look at it... As most things.

Truth does not fear investigation