By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - super mario galaxy now a 98 at metacritic

I'm not concerned about Mario's sales...even if it has a smaller launch than expected, word will get around about how great it is...it'll sell for a long time.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
koffieboon said:
steven787 said:
I am glad it is being reviewed this well. It makes me feel better, because it is the best game I have ever played from a technical POV. The control and level design is perfect, the game is gorgeous and it is thought evoking (in the sense that I have to wonder where games go from here).

One of the lower reviews disappeared, before there were two that were 90.

You must be mistaken about the 90 reviews, there are still 2 on metacritic, gamerankings only has 1.

When I wrote that the Games(tm) one wasn't there.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

And just think that the team behind what is looking to be the best game of the generation and one of the best of all time is undoubtedly already developing another Wii title as we speak, who needs 3rd parties?

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

Finally, i mean metacritic only goes up in integer increments so SMG has been at number 11 just because it had less reviews than the other games averaged at 97.
This put it in about 3rd/4th place right? (i cant be bothered visiting the site, but i remember here being 1 game with a 99, and 2 with 98.

Innovalias said:
I don't have the funds to pick it up. It's killing me, I can't afford Fire Emblem, Mario Galaxy, Assassin's Creed, or Mass Effect.

I'm not bragging but I picked up Galaxy yesterday and Fire Emblem today. Alright I am bragging a little but these are seriously fun games. It took me about an hour to get into Galaxy but it brings it's really fun. I'm gonna go back to Fire Emblem now. The tutorial in it is long so I'm doing it in spurts. Tomorrow I will pick up Resident Evil UC and then next week I am going to get Mass Effect. I'm still on the fence with Assassin's Creed.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Well the game is cheaper than Halo 3 and some stores are even offering a $25 gift certificate with it on top of that so it would be pretty bad if it didn't at least match Halo 3's sales. Even then it wouldn't be generating nearly as much money...

That and the fact that it really has no competition.. I mean Halo 3 is up against multiple 360 FPS with 90+ scores on Metacritic while SMG is up against umm.. Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (lol) on the Wii..

SMG has every advantage (cheaper price, much much less competition, etc), so that's why I feel it should do Halo 3 sales or better, if it doesn't then it's definitely pretty disappointing to say the least.

Wow.  Nice trolling.  SMG just doesn't have the marketing machine that Halo had, but you know that.  It will outsell halo in lifetime sales, but there is no way it gets close to halo's first week numbers.

I eagerly anticipate your "ZOMG, SMG is soooo dissapointing" when it sells somewhere between 1 and 1.5 million its first week. 

Phew. I almost thought it had passed up OoT.

Nothing can pass up OoT. NOTHING! Not even SMG, as awesome as it is.

Biggerboat said:
And just think that the team behind what is looking to be the best game of the generation and one of the best of all time is undoubtedly already developing another Wii title as we speak, who needs 3rd parties?

I hope the next Zelda game can rival OoT like SMG had rivaled SM64.

Biggerboat said:

I hope the next Zelda game can rival OoT like SMG had rivaled SM64.

And, tbh, I have only bought 1 3rd party game for a Nintendo console in the past 8 years.   I buy Nintendo consoles strictly for Mario and Zelda.

having played smg quite a bit a few weeks ago, i'd say reviews for this game might as well give no numerical value and just say to buy it.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka