By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - super mario galaxy now a 98 at metacritic

Maybe Legend11 just wants an excuse to later say the sales were disappointing...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

SO WHY AREN'T THE JAPANESE WII OWNERS BUYING THIS GAME?!?!

Now, ranting aside, that is extremely impressive and well-earned because it truly is a fantastic game.

Never argue with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Brawl FC: 0473-7449-8088

Another 10/10 for SMG from Wired: http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/11/post.html

And this isn't included on Metacritic yet...

This game keeps climbing and climbing the charts... yay!

The best part is that the score is rising. Other games started at 99 and fell to 94. Mario started at 96-97 (thanks GS and 1up) and is rising faster than communist regimes in the eastern Europe.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Mario Galaxy, the greatest game of this generation

Also Gamedaily is a collection of tools 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

I can't understand how a thread about the metacritic score can turn into mario galaxy has to do halo 3 numbers. and then talking about it being cheaper than halo3 (by 10 bucks) and conveniently forgeting that Halo3 costs t much more than smg to make. I guess some people just can't resist.
On topic, it really is strange. I mean normally when the game comes out, the "bad reviews" get published, but that seems not to affect SMG. For example I have a feeling that Mass effect will not get that high scores since not that many sites have reviewed it.
I think someone said that according to an agreement with the publishers or something sites don't put there "bad review" up until after release. Has anybody else heard about such a thing.
Thats why it is strange that Mario is getting better reviews.

Damn, I picked up Assassin's Creed today over this and Crysis. :( Hope I can still find it somewhere this weekend.

Maybe its just that good of a game

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Don't worry, it will not only sell through the roof - it will setup the Wii for the future. It should have sold close to 5m units (WW) by the end of the year, and may get close to outselling Halo 3.

The only thing stopping it from selling a huge number on day#1 - are the retailer preorders. Retailers seem to be much more conservative on this title than they are on Halo 3 (fair enough - give how top heavy it is).

I'm still hoping it will get close to 750k in Japan by the end of the year - saving it from "disaster" status.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

But if SMG doesn't sell 2.5 million in the first week does it still deserve a 98? I guess that's the only question for the bitter tears crowd.