By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - super mario galaxy now a 98 at metacritic

naznatips said:
ItsaMii said:
naznatips said:
BrainBox I have 42 stars and I haven't had a single control issue yet. Played the game somewhere around 8-10 hours and it controls better than any other 3D Mario has to this point. I'm blown away by it. It blew way past SM64 and SMS for me. We'll see how I feel when I've finished and all but this could easily end up in my top 3 games of all time.

Do not lie to us dude. The game is 7 hours long (sorry it is stronger than me).

I should also point out that I'm not even halfway through the main storyline of the game. I'm gathering more stars than most people would on first completion, but this is still the main story. Oh, and star gathering is so much better in this game than in the other 2 3D Marios. The levels actually change drastically with each new star you go for. You will be playing the same Galaxy, but nothing will be the same, and you will be platforming in completely new areas. There is no repeating the same missions in this. Oh, and thank god they got rid of Red Coin Stars.

I will have to wait a week or so to import the game. The word in my country is that getting Mario Galaxy now is near impossible. There was a fucker selling it oline for U$ 170.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network
naznatips said:
ItsaMii said:
naznatips said:
BrainBox I have 42 stars and I haven't had a single control issue yet. Played the game somewhere around 8-10 hours and it controls better than any other 3D Mario has to this point. I'm blown away by it. It blew way past SM64 and SMS for me. We'll see how I feel when I've finished and all but this could easily end up in my top 3 games of all time.

Do not lie to us dude. The game is 7 hours long (sorry it is stronger than me).

I should also point out that I'm not even halfway through the main storyline of the game. I'm gathering more stars than most people would on first completion, but this is still the main story. Oh, and star gathering is so much better in this game than in the other 2 3D Marios. The levels actually change drastically with each new star you go for. You will be playing the same Galaxy, but nothing will be the same, and you will be platforming in completely new areas. There is no repeating the same missions in this. Oh, and thank god they got rid of Red Coin Stars.

Oh, you're in for a surprise in another 16-20 hours.

No, I know about the blue coins to unlock Luigi, but it's not the same.   For one thing, you are getting a tangible reward for them, and for another, the coins are much much easier to collect according to gamefaqs.

naznatips said:
No, I know about the blue coins to unlock Luigi, but it's not the same. For one thing, you are getting a tangible reward for them, and for another, the coins are much much easier to collect according to gamefaqs.

You can unlock Luigi ??? I'm a very happy man, now.

routsounmanman said:
naznatips said:
No, I know about the blue coins to unlock Luigi, but it's not the same. For one thing, you are getting a tangible reward for them, and for another, the coins are much much easier to collect according to gamefaqs.

You can unlock Luigi ??? I'm a very happy man, now.

Yes. Warning, MAJOR SPOILER IN VIDEO TO FOLLOW: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qkubzs4yCII

Around the Network

How does this game compare to Mario Sunshine?

This game is loads better than Sunshine, in my opinion. I will admit that I got bored of Sunshine. I am 40 stars into Galaxy and it is still amazing me.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I think he's talking about purple coins, not blue coins...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

more on topic, I noticed that SMG is only 0.1% behind OOT on Gamerankings and it's still climbing. A very impressive effort from a very impressive game.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

its still 0.2% behind.. but it hasn't updated for a while now (only 18 reviews compared to metacritics 27 reviews), and there have a been a few recent 10s