By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First Review of God of War III by OPM UK -> 9/10

GodOfWar_3ever said:
jonop said:
I'm sure I remember them giving the first God of War a 9 not a 6. I think metacritic might have made a mistake.

ummm..no

They gave a 9 to GoW II...the overall tone of the summary for GoW 1 is average...

I'm almost 100% sure they gave it a 9/10 and i remember God of war 2 getting the same score as the first one. The issue date metacritic gave is also wrong. I wouldn't say the summary sounds average either.  

Around the Network

To clear things up, Official PlayStation Magazine UK as it currently exists was created in Winter 2006. They never reviewed God of War. That was the old, now defunct, PlayStation Official Magazine.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

qmoney88 said:
restored_lost said:
yea chalk up an 89 on meta lol, i think the only dissapointment is that we wont see it in the top 20 for ps3's meta, its not like people arn't gonna go buy it anymore

because of one score?  I think it still has a chance to go fairly high in the meta, but for you ridiculous tards that think this is horrible that opm didnt give it a 10, are you serious?  This game will be every bit as epic as advertised, I still cant wait.  I didnt read the review though because someone said it contains a shit-ton of spoilers, so readers beware.

first of all you should really be carful before you just insult someone, im a huge god of war fan, and no matter what review it gets its still a day one purchase for me, seriously the game could have been a 6 and im still standing in line at midnight, i guess i did a poor job of expressing what i was trying to say, that the only thing that could be possibly dissapointing in this fantastic game is that it might not get to be in the top 20 meta, as in sarcasm to all the people who give a crap.  and i didnt read the review either i want a spoiler free experience when i play it. "ridiculous tards" like you are so annoying, i cant even post anything without being insulted.

"even a dead god still dreams"

So they give it a 9/10 because God of War plays like God of War? Fucking lame

Isn't OPM UK the reviewer who's average score is less then the average of all reviewers?

Around the Network

Damn I want this game now....I wish I had my hands on the demo damn you sony and your weird ass demo send out put it on PSN like the rest of the demos

Just to compare

The same mag gave 6 to GOW and 8 to GOW2

A 9 to GOW3 is excellent ;)

Epic game = epic score.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

selnor said:
I think why alot of people are moaning is for bets on VGChartz and fanboy ammo. For ages many bets have been made about whether 360 or PS3 will have more 90+ meta games in 2010. So far the PS3 is off to a poor start.

WKC was a game thrown around that it was amzing. It metaed horribly. Heavy Rain was another, and while a good game is also going under 90. GOW3, I believe will sit around 90. But if it to drops under, PS3 is losing ammo for fanboys. Thats all.

360 had great start with ME2. With SC, AW, HR, F3 all to come. Even MEtro is in with a shot. The betters for 360 are rubbing hands right now.

Thats what this moaning is about.

9/10 is a fantastic score imo.

*facepalm*

I think that's the funniest post in the thread lol

Boutros said:
selnor said:
I think why alot of people are moaning is for bets on VGChartz and fanboy ammo. For ages many bets have been made about whether 360 or PS3 will have more 90+ meta games in 2010. So far the PS3 is off to a poor start.

WKC was a game thrown around that it was amzing. It metaed horribly. Heavy Rain was another, and while a good game is also going under 90. GOW3, I believe will sit around 90. But if it to drops under, PS3 is losing ammo for fanboys. Thats all.

360 had great start with ME2. With SC, AW, HR, F3 all to come. Even MEtro is in with a shot. The betters for 360 are rubbing hands right now.

Thats what this moaning is about.

9/10 is a fantastic score imo.

*facepalm*

I think that's the funniest post in the thread lol

I think my special recipe of failsauce is in order here