By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First Review of God of War III by OPM UK -> 9/10

Skeeuk said:
only a 9/10?

fanboy review, its worth a 10/10 imo

Fanboy of WHAT?

Around the Network

This mag gave the 1st God of War 6/10 by the way, yet it got a 94 meta score.

Pock3R said:
when has playstation magazine ever given a 1st party AAA franchise a score lower than a 10/10

very strange...I now expect low 80s on metacritic.

Well the point of being defined as AAA means it's extremely good......

That's another flaw when it comes to reviewers. Sometimes they deduct a score from a game for being the same as its predecessor and the other time they do it when the game is different from its predecessor.

But to me 9 is a good and realistic score.

selnor said:
Seece said:
selnor said:
I think why alot of people are moaning is for bets on VGChartz and fanboy ammo. For ages many bets have been made about whether 360 or PS3 will have more 90+ meta games in 2010. So far the PS3 is off to a poor start.

WKC was a game thrown around that it was amzing. It metaed horribly. Heavy Rain was another, and while a good game is also going under 90. GOW3, I believe will sit around 90. But if it to drops under, PS3 is losing ammo for fanboys. Thats all.

360 had great start with ME2. With SC, AW, HR, F3 all to come. Even MEtro is in with a shot. The betters for 360 are rubbing hands right now.

Thats what this moaning is about.

9/10 is a fantastic score imo.

LOL. Why else would people moan about a 9/10?

ummm....sarcasm, maybe?

Around the Network

"The game is inches away from scoring 10/10, and it's only the familiarity of the core gameplay that makes it feel less than the very, very best. But it's definitely the biggest, and if this is the finale (and the corpes littering the stage by the end of the game suggest it might be), then God of War III gives PlayStation's toughest hero the send-off he deserves."

Thats enough for me...it will be atleast 91 on Meta, beating Bayonetta...

Khuutra said:
Skeeuk said:
only a 9/10?

Fanboy of WHAT?

Obviously the people at Official Playstation Magazine are Xbox fanboys and wanted to piss off Sony fans by giving this a NINE.

It's so obvious!

Khuutra said:
Skeeuk said:
only a 9/10?

Fanboy of WHAT?

sarcasm

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

You guys aren't realizing the sarcasm in here. It's like when everyone said "fanboy review" when uncharted 2 got 10/10 from people....because some review site gave it a 21/20. So everyone said "11/10 or 21/20 or GTFO"

I'm sure I remember them giving the first God of War a 9 not a 6. I think metacritic might have made a mistake.