By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mario Galaxy Review--SPONSORED BY SONY!

sony just proved how stupid they are

Around the Network
MeowTheMouse said:

Again?

Words Of Wisdom said:
MeowTheMouse said:

Again?

*Bitchslaps* both. Must.....Save.....Humanity

MikeB said:
@ RolStoppable

OK, at first I was just responding to the original post.

With regard to controllers, I would love Nintendo and Sony to co-operate. Allowing full Wii-mote support on the PS3 and Sixaxis control on the Wii, technically that would probably be possible (an unofficial Linux driver is already available for the PS3). Both controllers are great in their own right and would allow some of the best of both worlds.

I know it's just wishful thinking though.

Ahhh, Insert the 360 controller into that for me. Personally the 360 controller is by far my favorite traditional console controller. I can't really say which I like better between it and the Wiimote though. They are too different. I like them both in different ways. But I will say I've never felt such freedom in a controller as I do with the Wiimote.

As for Ben Fritz, I don't believe Sony paid him off or anything. I think it's a funny coincidence that a reviewer that has a bias against the Wii happens to have "Sponsored by Sony" appear on the webpage his article is on.

He does clearly has a bias against the Wii, and I agree with Rol that he shouldn't be reviewing Wii games then. Or, in the very least he should stop continually plugging the 360 and PS3 in the Wii reviews.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

First off I find it really funny that someone is complaining about graphics for SMG when a few mags I've read say that it is one of the most beautiful games they have ever seen.  Actually, I'm not sure if that means reviewers are getting tired of "OMG GRAPHOX" that have no artistic style, or if maybe all the reviewers obsessed with graphics that are on the bleeding edge of technology have been replaced by real gamers.

"While brisk sales are certain given the Wii’s popularity, the “Mario” franchise may now be vulnerable to a challenger on another console better suited to 3-D running and jumping." HUH? How is ANY current gen console better suited for 3-D running and jumping than another? Heck a graphically super dummed down version of R&CF would play nearly the same on the orriginal PS as it does on the PS3. 

The fact that the review features a comment so lame as "holding the controller in two hand is awkward" is pathetic and should everyone what kind of idiot he is, even considering sponser appeasement.

Around the Network
Astrodust said:
Um why is someone pretending to be Ben Fritz. By the way I am Ben Fritz and I touch myself a lot.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHa....hahahahah a..... Ben your going to go blind buddy

MikeB said:
@ Avinash_Tyagi

since everyone else says that the controls are better'

Always have been an independent thinker, I could have lived in pre-WW2 Germany with everyone telling me what a great guy their leader is, but I wouldn't take their word for it.

hehehe just take a look at your sig :

In reply of Epic's hyped wild claims, Heavenly Sword dev: "I wonder what's so impressive in GOW that RSX could not do."  and "once devs will start to use SPUs to speed up RSX things will start to be even more interesting"

Mark Rein (2007)=> PS3 UT3 Graphics Better Than Gears Of War and UT3 runs better on PS3 than Gears on 360

u are very believeable LOL

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

mancandy said:
fkusumot said:

Here's some more Ben Fritz snippets...

About "Mario Party 8":

Graphics are a big improvement over "Mario Party 7," but won't impress anybody who has had a glimpse of a Playstation 3 or Xbox 360.

About "Super Paper Mario":

Players will miss the ergonomic feel of modern controllers for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

This guy is obvouisly a retard.

How the hell am I going to miss playing a Nintendo game with 360 or PS3 controllers?

I don't see what is so wrong about those criticisms. MP8 doesn't have very good graphics and the Wiimote could definitely use a little ergonomic work. It's a poorly designed controller and Nintendo definitely could have done better. I love the idea behind the Wii and it's a boatload of fun but in 2007, having difficulty reaching all the buttons easily or having a controller dig into your hand after a long gaming session in unacceptable.

With that said, I don't see why he constantly compares the Wii to the 360 or PS3. Pointing out flaws is okay; constantly comparing vastly different systems is not. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

ckmlb said:
Sony smearing campaign continues? Why do Variety reviews matter again? Also technically he's right about the graphics, but the point has very little relevance since we know Wii has less power than the other two and this wouldn't even factor into a gamer's review (SMG reviews from real game sources praise the graphics), but to an outsider like mr variety here the graphics will look 'worse' than things on PS3 or 360.

It's like comparing the special effects of an artsy indie movie to Transformers, what's the point? Did I go to see special effects in the indie movie?

Not to mention a little thing called artistic direction in games especially stylized games like Mario and Ratchet. So even though Viva Pinata might technically have better graphics than SMG, Mario still looks better in my opinion.

In conclusion this review has nothing to do with the reviewer being pro Sony or anti Nintendo but with the fact that he's not a gamer and he's comparing graphics from a technical standpoint which is inapplicable here.

I actually agree with clmlb for once. This is gonna be a strange day. Good points btw. I have to say, I wasn't really hyped for Galaxy. I got it cause the reviews were good. I bought it, took it home, had some food, and then played it for about half an hour. It wasn't until I went back to it the next day that it dawned on me how much fun I was having.

^ see i have no problem reaching the button--i feel its very well desgined