By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mario Galaxy Review--SPONSORED BY SONY!

MikeB said:
@ RolStoppable

OK, at first I was just responding to the original post.

With regard to controllers, I would love Nintendo and Sony to co-operate. Allowing full Wii-mote support on the PS3 and Sixaxis control on the Wii, technically that would probably be possible (an unofficial Linux driver is already available for the PS3). Both controllers are great in their own right and would allow some of the best of both worlds.

I know it's just wishful thinking though.

I don't think there is anything the SIXAXIS controller can do the the Wiimote cannot. From what I recall the SIXAXIS was not part of the original boomerang design. It was implemented after E3 to mimick the Wiimote a little. Actually it is closer to the nunchuck imo but doesn't work as well. At least from the stories I've read.

Around the Network
mesoteto said:
^ see i have no problem reaching the button--i feel its very well desgined

If you have no troubles reaching the d-pad, +/- buttons, and 1/2 buttons without moving your hand, congratulations on being a freak of nature. Everyone I know who has used the Wiimote complains about it. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I see reviews like this all the time in newsweek; somewhere high they must have the same parent company. they've been bashing the wii and DS while shamelessly promoting sony for years.

on a side note, looking at legend11's posts on the 1st page, who else finds him extremely biased, naive, and obnoxius?

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Hey I went to the Variety site again and poof, the "Sponsored by Sony" logo is gone. It was there all of yesterday but Variety has decided to pull it. Also the R&C advertising is gone too I think. I think Ben Fritz is covering up his trail. I know people were complaining about having their posts deleted by him early yesterday until he realized that it only made it worse.

blaydcor said:
I see reviews like this all the time in newsweek; somewhere high they must have the same parent company. they've been bashing the wii and DS while shamelessly promoting sony for years.

on a side note, looking at legend11's posts on the 1st page, who else finds him extremely biased, naive, and obnoxius?

I get that way too sometimes. I think I'm just immature. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

I don't have to move my hand to reach the +/- buttons, but I have to slightly move it up or down to reach the d-pad and the 1/2 buttons respectively. It's not a big deal, the 1/2 buttons are usually used to access the map screen, so when you press them you aren't under pressure to react fast in a game.

But I guess to really have something to complain about the button setup, I would have to play games with overloaded control schemes like a sandbox game (Godfather, Scarface). It really depends on the game you play.

Yeah, it really does depend on the game. Some games it's not an issue whatsoever; other games like Twilight Princess, it's a pain in the ass.

I just wish Nintendo had put as much work into the actual industrial design of the Wiimote as they did the technical innovation of the device. 

same here Rol--the only time i ever had trouble was trying to first figure it out--after that it just a matter of getting comfortable with it....then blam you can do it with out even thinking about it

@Rocket--i dont think its anymore troublesome then learning how to work your tv remote--after a while it is just second nature

mesoteto said:
@Rocket--i dont think its anymore troublesome then learning how to work your tv remote--after a while it is just second nature

The difference is that I don't use my remote for five hours at a time nor do I expect to be forced to repeat rapid succession of buttons in a certain order in a precise manner while using it. Combine that with the fact that you often need to be pointing the Wiimote at the screen accurately while shifting your hand only compounds the problem.

i cant say that all of th sudden *poooooffff* your great at manipulating the buttons--but you can get used to it pretty quick