By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mario Galaxy Review--SPONSORED BY SONY!

RolStoppable said:
mancandy said:
@Rol

I don't know if I was seeing right. The picture you sent me said you finished MP3 in 4 hours and 44 minutes with 100% completion... is that correct?

Yes. Didn't I tell you in one message that this picture is from my 5th playtrough of the game? No way anyone could finish MP3 on the first playthrough that fast.

Nice. Yeah, I remember... but under 5 hours seems really fast. Maybe I should stop sight seeing in SkyTown.  

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network

Rocketpig, I have found the Wii to be the most comfortable and easy to use of all the controllers

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

i dont know waggle can take teh place of a button very quickly--like in MP# when you switch visors---that was very smooth and took the place of button mashing

@rocketpig

Notice the nice rounded edges of the new Wii jacket Nintendo gives 4 of to people for free. I have all four of mine and it certainly makes extended gaming sessions easier on the hands. Even using one of the 3rd party gloves improves comfort considerably. Nintendo giving them to you for free, very nice.  

@takeru51: how about you don't personally attack or spread rumors about members that were here long before you?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
@takeru51: how about you don't personally attack or spread rumors about members that were here long before you?

Just because a person has more posts or was around longer does not magically make them unbiased or any less opinionated.

I wonder who else would be a good examples of that...   You know who you are.

rocketpig said:
mesoteto said:
^ see i have no problem reaching the button--i feel its very well desgined

If you have no troubles reaching the d-pad, +/- buttons, and 1/2 buttons without moving your hand, congratulations on being a freak of nature. Everyone I know who has used the Wiimote complains about it. 

The 1 and 2 buttons are clearly positioned as they are for sideways playing virtual console goodness. They're not meant to be easily accessable buttons in regaular games. So obviously they're not going to be easily reached. If you can think of a way to place those buttons so they can be easily reached when you hold the Wii remote sideways AND vertical, please let Nintendo know, I'm sure you can make some money off the idea!

As for the rest, I never have to move my hand to access any buttons apart from 1/2 when holding the remote vertical. I think the controller is shaped quite ergonomically actually, it's all to do with how you place your thumb.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

RolStoppable said:
mancandy said:

RolStoppable said:

Too many videogames in recent years have tried to add more and more functions to their gameplay with the use of more buttons. While you get 8 buttons on the 360/PS3 controllers that are comfortably to use (well, for experienced gamers), the Wiimote/Nunchuk combo offers you only 4.

Only 4? C, Z, A, B, each direction on the d-pad, +/-, also, you can swing the Wiimote or the nunchuck as input. Essentially 12 buttons that can be utilized by big monkey hands. How many buttons do people need?

I was going by buttons which are comfortably to use. C, Z, A, B are very comfortable. Waggle isn't a button and the d-pad isn't comfortable to use for many people.

Now stop trolling my posts!!! 

Down on the d-pad is easy to use for people with even the smallest hands (except for those who like to cramp their thumb up). So that's at least five buttons.

I also find +/- quite easy to hit, maybe too easy as I sometimes hit it by accident.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Self-Destruction, has nothing on Super Mario Galaxy.

Three quick notes.

1. It is the space -- not the reviewer -- that are sponsored. Those blurbs are common on many newspaper websites.

2. If a reviewer is that biased, he cannot be objective and his publication should not let review (if it is trying to be neutral and not a PR piece).

3. Thank goodness he doesn't give number scores -- which would lower a lot of games, including #1 All-Time SMG

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV