Forums - General Discussion - How do I lose belly fat?

Anyway, it is normal being letdown because at the end of weightloss you will still see the marks of that time you were fat but the best thing you achieved is feeling and being healthy and those looks are secondary,something you can work on but still not the most important part of weightloss.



Around the Network

Don't eat for 2 or 3 weeks and just drink water. It will work, already did it because of a depression.



Keiji said:

Don't eat for 2 or 3 weeks and just drink water. It will work, already did it because of a depression.

I do not think the state of mind during a depression is something that you can approve to others.



I'm 5'4 and was over 160 pounds at my heaviest a few years ago. Over the course of a year and a bit I dropped down to 125 pounds before hitting an equilibrium in the low 130's. However, after 6 months away from home I got up to 145 pounds and am currently looking to get myself back down to the low 130's. To lose weight I do a lot of hiking and walking, and cut back on the amount of sweets and snacks I eat. This time around I want to also focus on gaining muscle mass in my arms and core, which is something I've never done before.



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo

I stream on Twitch and have my own Youtube

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features

I also post daily news on the Video Game Industry.

If you want to contact me, send me a PM on here or tweet me @TrunksWD

Immersiveunreality said:
Keiji said:

Don't eat for 2 or 3 weeks and just drink water. It will work, already did it because of a depression.

I do not think the state of mind during a depression is something that you can approve to others.

I don't want him/her to have a depression of course. It just if you don't eat for at least two weeks, it will work for losing weight. I was in depression and didn't want to eat so I did it.



Around the Network
Keiji said:
Immersiveunreality said:

I do not think the state of mind during a depression is something that you can approve to others.

I don't want him/her to have a depression of course. It just if you don't eat for at least two weeks, it will work for losing weight. I was in depression and didn't want to eat so I did it.

That would not work for the purposes of the OP.  They don't want to lose weight, they want to lose weight in a particular place.  It's also just absolutely terrible advice in general, and you should probably think twice before giving it.



Keiji said:
Immersiveunreality said:

I do not think the state of mind during a depression is something that you can approve to others.

I don't want him/her to have a depression of course. It just if you don't eat for at least two weeks, it will work for losing weight. I was in depression and didn't want to eat so I did it.

Yeah but it is not a healthy way to lose weight and surely it would be obvious to him that not eating for two weeks would cause him to lose weight.

Ultimately this is about being happy with what you are so depression to lose weight seems a bit counterproductive.



Immersiveunreality said:
Keiji said:

I don't want him/her to have a depression of course. It just if you don't eat for at least two weeks, it will work for losing weight. I was in depression and didn't want to eat so I did it.

Yeah but it is not a healthy way to lose weight and surely it would be obvious to him that not eating for two weeks would cause him to lose weight.

Ultimately this is about being happy with what you are so depression to lose weight seems a bit counterproductive.

I don't think he's advocating depression, just one of the side effects that could be theoretically applied without it.  My depression makes me eat everything in sight, so being depressed is not necessarily a good weight loss strategy.



JWeinCom said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Yeah but it is not a healthy way to lose weight and surely it would be obvious to him that not eating for two weeks would cause him to lose weight.

Ultimately this is about being happy with what you are so depression to lose weight seems a bit counterproductive.

I don't think he's advocating depression, just one of the side effects that could be theoretically applied without it.  My depression makes me eat everything in sight, so being depressed is not necessarily a good weight loss strategy.



JWeinCom said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Yeah but it is not a healthy way to lose weight and surely it would be obvious to him that not eating for two weeks would cause him to lose weight.

Ultimately this is about being happy with what you are so depression to lose weight seems a bit counterproductive.

I don't think he's advocating depression, just one of the side effects that could be theoretically applied without it.  My depression makes me eat everything in sight, so being depressed is not necessarily a good weight loss strategy.

I do think the same as you but i disagree with how he brings across his message and i do hope he will be happy eventually,i do not really think he is advocating for it either but too much relevance is put upon the being depressed for weightloss part imo and that is of no use to the OP.

Yeah i get you,after feeling down you need to eat things you love to eat to feel rewarded and have your mind put at ease, have that endorfine kick in like an addiction and that is what an eating disorder mostly is.