Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games:
Something to consider in this regard. That doesn't necessarily mean Mario+Sonic, as Sega also made this. They for sure make a game for all platforms (including Switch) with realistic graphics like the PS3 game. The IOC wouldn't have given the exclusive license only for one game on one platform, which would be the case with Mario+Sonic. But an Mario+Sonic at the Olympic games title might be released additionally. After all this sold extremely well, oftentimes much better than the realistic graphics titles. So there is really a shot if Nintendo is willing again to lend the IP.
Other than that some comments:
* 3D Zelda might happen at the end of Switch's lifetime as a cross-gen title.
* Mario Maker probably is at the Direct today. As is 2D-Zelda.
* Wii Sports should happen in my opinion, but I somehow doubt Nintendo agrees. Would be better though. A Wii Fit seems unlikely with the release of Fitness Boxing, which kinda fills the niche.
* A new F-Zero, Earthbound, Wave Race or Advance Wars would be great, but Nintendo seems content to leave the field for Indies, which are indeed filling these niches (FAST Racing indtead of F-Zero, Reverie and Undertale instead of Earthbound, Riptide GP instead of Wave Race, Wargroove instead of Advance Wars).
* I wish they would port Tokyo Mirage Sessions, but Atlus seems so far kinda reluctant towards the Switch.
* I don't see another NES Remix. This seemed to be an experiment. And the retro fix is done by the NES Online.
* I am pretty sure we get some Pikmin on Switch. It may well only be the port of Pikmin 3 though.
* Kid Icarus and Golden Sun would be great, but I have my doubts about it. Sakurai made his Kid Icarus game, I doubt he feels like another is needed. A HD-remake fpr Switch of the 3DS title would be excellent though. Golden Sun is so long not remade, I can't see how to inject new life into this.
* Rhythm heaven would be great, I love it. But I am not sure it will happen for some time.
* Mario RPG would be great, if Square and Nintendo can cooperate on this. Put the team of Octopath on this.Last edited by Mnementh - on 13 February 2019