Quantcast
Pokemon Sword and Shield coming late 2019 worldwide

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Sword and Shield coming late 2019 worldwide

Little competition before the direct, in case it is Gen 8 (likely but still) guess the animals used for the starters.



Around the Network
Flilix said:
mZuzek said:

Why do people seriously still want this? Aren't 800 Pokémon enough already? I hate the idea that every generation needs a huge amount of new Pokémon to be good, especially when we have so many already. I'd rather continue with the smaller rosters so completing the National Pokédex, or even just being able to recognize every Pokémon doesn't become an even bigger problem than it is.

Furthermore, every large roster of Pokémon has always had loads of random filler Pokémon like the "generic bat of this generation" or the "generic fish of this generation" and honestly we have more than enough of those already. I'm all for them focusing on only making new Pokémon when they're gonna be unique and interesting, and while I hate Sun/Moon's roster, I can at least respect that they tried to do that. X/Y's roster is far and away the best ever in my opinion, no contest, and it only had 72.

This, absolutely. I was rather disappointed when I saw that we were only getting 69 new Pokémon in gen 6, but more and more I got to realise that that was a great move. They cut out the forgettable filler mons, which was a pretty big problem that B&W had. With 800 Pokémon, they've basically used every concept or animal already. Except for dolphins.

Eh, I don't quite agree on the gen 5 part. I mean, I agree that there was a lot of filler and that those eventually became useless, but I respect their decision to make Black/White unique by having their own whole Pokédex, and they needed lots of Pokémon if they were gonna fulfill that goal. It did wonders for Black/White in my opinion, makes those games really interesting, but in the long run we really just got a lot of useless filler.



Flilix said:
mZuzek said:

Why do people seriously still want this? Aren't 800 Pokémon enough already? I hate the idea that every generation needs a huge amount of new Pokémon to be good, especially when we have so many already. I'd rather continue with the smaller rosters so completing the National Pokédex, or even just being able to recognize every Pokémon doesn't become an even bigger problem than it is.

Furthermore, every large roster of Pokémon has always had loads of random filler Pokémon like the "generic bat of this generation" or the "generic fish of this generation" and honestly we have more than enough of those already. I'm all for them focusing on only making new Pokémon when they're gonna be unique and interesting, and while I hate Sun/Moon's roster, I can at least respect that they tried to do that. X/Y's roster is far and away the best ever in my opinion, no contest, and it only had 72.

This, absolutely. I was rather disappointed when I saw that we were only getting 69 new Pokémon in gen 6, but more and more I got to realise that that was a great move. They cut out the forgettable filler mons, which was a pretty big problem that B&W had. With 800 Pokémon, they've basically used every concept or animal already. Except for dolphins.

shikamaru317 said:

Title

-Plus and Minus is the best I can think of off the top of my head, lol

I agree. Plusle and Minun should absolutely be the mascots of the new games.

Don't know about mascots, those are usually brand new Legendary Pokemon, but if they ever do a Pokemon Plus and Minus, I would hope that Minun and Plusle would either get evolved forms or regional variants at the very least. 



shikamaru317 said:
Flilix said:

I agree. Plusle and Minun should absolutely be the mascots of the new games.

Don't know about mascots, those are usually brand new Legendary Pokemon, but if they ever do a Pokemon Plus and Minus, I would hope that Minun and Plusle would either get evolved forms or regional variants at the very least. 

There are way too many legendaries already. They don't feel very 'legendary' anymore. Wouldn't it be cool if the almighty creature you have to fight and capture was a cute little rodent?



Pretty exciting new, going in with REALLY LOW expectations. I know how lazy gamefreak can be and the latest reports of the game being like not ambitious at all are scaring me.

So like, i'm expecting something like sun and moon but in HD so basically Let's go but with a new map and main franchise mechanics.
Hopefully we get some new rpg elements or something..

My dream would be to have a game with the perspective of Botw or like X/Y when you are in the streets.



Around the Network
Yerm said:
three pokeballs, three starters. thats not even subtle

Wut

Why would that need to be subtle?



xMetroid said:
Pretty exciting new, going in with REALLY LOW expectations. I know how lazy gamefreak can be and the latest reports of the game being like not ambitious at all are scaring me.

So like, i'm expecting something like sun and moon but in HD so basically Let's go but with a new map and main franchise mechanics.
Hopefully we get some new rpg elements or something..

My dream would be to have a game with the perspective of Botw or like X/Y when you are in the streets.

Wait, what reports are you talking about?



xMetroid said:
Pretty exciting new, going in with REALLY LOW expectations. I know how lazy gamefreak can be and the latest reports of the game being like not ambitious at all are scaring me.

So like, i'm expecting something like sun and moon but in HD so basically Let's go but with a new map and main franchise mechanics.
Hopefully we get some new rpg elements or something..

My dream would be to have a game with the perspective of Botw or like X/Y when you are in the streets.

The only credible source I know is that King Zell said that GF(or nintendo) called this the BoTW of Pokémon 



Attiq said:
Well at only 7 minutes they could be going to talk about Pokemon:Go and Pokemon:Lets go, followed by Sorry we have no information about the next game yet.....

That would be a very Nintendo thing to do haha, hopefully that's not the case though. 7 minutes could be a long enough time if you look at it like being one big trailer with a few informative tid bits. But yeah, at the very least, I don't think we're getting as much info on the next major Pokemon game as we hope. 

Pretty excited, haven't gotten a mainline Pokemon game probably since the early DS days, but I'd certainly like to jump back on board with Switch between the improved graphics, and the fact that we'll now be able to play the game on the big screen as a home console game. 



Funny seeing people say 7 minutes is not long enough and seeing people in old directs complaining if they spend more than 30 seconds on a game. Like god forbid they spent like 5 minutes on Fire Emblem in a direct that has Fire Emblem in it subtitle.