Does anyone else feel they may just go Dreamcast on this thing? I suspect they will drop it completely by next year if whatever emergency strategy doesn't work out for them this year.
Not even a remote chance, because
1. Nintendo has way more money than Sega did.
2. Nintendo has 3DS and their portable line in general making them $$$$, which Sega didn't.
3. Nintendo manages thier money WAY better than Sega did.
4. Big Nintendo titles like Mario, Pokemon, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., etc. tend to sell quite a bit more than Sega's biggest did, even on Genesis.
5. Sega was already in pretty big finanacial trouble when they finally dropped DC and went third party. It wasn't JUST the DC, but years of build-up to that point that led to that sad decision. Nintendo is not anywhere CLOSE to being in that position, they have billions in the bank, are STILL making money off of 3DS, Wii is even still selling, and Wii U is in a strong position, in spite of appearances, to make a major comeback in 2014 and beyond. They just need to get those GAMES out.
And speaking of which, I wonder why more people aren't talking about Iwata mentioning that he wants NOA to start localizing more Japanese titles for NA release. Meaning we won't be missing out on games like Captain Rainbow, Fatal Frame 4, Tact of Magik, Zangeki no Reginleiv, Line Attack Heroes, Disaster: Day of Crisis, etc. in the future. Or, you know, the big one, Mother 3. That is the hope at least.