By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: "The Wii U isn't in good shape"

SubiyaCryolite said:
AZWification said:

Words don't mean a damn thing. Actions do.

This.

I don't get why people are so obsessed with this. It's not like he can just announce something and everything will be fixed for Nintendo. Its a long drawn out process that can only go quickly if Nintendo decide to adhere to the market trends closely which destroys their fanbase. If he announces games now, it'll bring hope but unless they come out at a regular pace and within a year of their announcement. No game save the best game ever could get people to buy enough Wii u's to save it. Price drops won't fix a thing and meeting the small complaints of the current owners isn't going to sell much more consoles. 

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Around the Network
trestres said:
Sounds to me as if they are planning to ditch the wii u... in which case... I rather not spell the catastrophe that will be, but it may be their only option.
They can say goodbye to their credibility and probably their role as a hw maker. It may be the best time to sell my Wii U now

Overreacting much?

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

trestres said:
Sounds to me as if they are planning to ditch the wii u... in which case... I rather not spell the catastrophe that will be, but it may be their only option.
They can say goodbye to their credibility and probably their role as a hw maker. It may be the best time to sell my Wii U now

Well I think Zelda U, Yarn Yoshi, Bayonetta 2, Animal Crossing U, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros. U, Mario Party U, Hyrule Warriors, SMT x Fire Emblem, etc. are all still coming to Wii U, which should take them through much of 2015 at least. 

So I wouldn't throw out the console just yet.

My guess would be that games that Nintendo was thinking about greenlighting for the Wii U for 2016 and beyond however are quietly being pulled though. 

trestres said:

Now now you only got the system a couple of months ago. Nintendo is not going to ditch the console. Besides I doubt you can sell it for good money right now.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Those are some heavy words from a Japanese CEO, especially considering how optimistic their estimates have been. Actually, being so far off those estimates might have something to do with being honest now. It would look like delusion rather than optimism at this point.

It really looks like a shake-up is coming, though. If they failed to follow through now, there would be hell to pay.

Around the Network

Wow.. one statement from Neogaf and its not only taken as fact, but people are already spinning this in every possible way they can. Oh well keep spinning it into whatever you want. At the end of the day its meaningless.

Soundwave said:
trestres said:

Well I think Zelda U, Yarn Yoshi, Bayonetta 2, Animal Crossing U, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros. U, Mario Party U, Hyrule Warriors, SMT x Fire Emblem, etc. are all still coming to Wii U, which should take them through much of 2015 at least. 

My guess would be that games that Nintendo was thinking about greenlighting for the Wii U for 2016 and beyond however are quietly being pulled though. 

I agree and if anything, it's more likely that they will direct resources into getting games out sooner than planned in order to maintain some sort of relevance for the Wii U. At worst, we have another gamecube scenario (which had great games despite sales)

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

The games need to come every month. Nintendo is still not able to give us the games that we want to buy as quickly as we want to buy them.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Soundwave said:
trestres said:

I agree and if anything, it's more likely that they will direct resources into getting games out sooner than planned in order to maintain some sort of relevance for the Wii U. At worst, we have another gamecube scenario (which had great games despite sales)

I don't think they're increasing resources per se, but all these games are probably well into development already. They're not just going to cancel them. Projects that are trying to get greenlit now for the Wii U though Nintendo is probably being far more conservative with though ie: if a Metroid U isn't in development already, I could see Nintendo saying "nope" to that. 

I get the sense they don't want to sink any more money into the Wii U than they absolutely have to. 

A year too late