Quantcast
E3 2013 Prediction: Nintendo to announce a Partnership with Samsung to make an Nintendo Phone

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 2013 Prediction: Nintendo to announce a Partnership with Samsung to make an Nintendo Phone

What if Nintendo only released Virtual Console and eshop games on the phone? You bought one game and you could either play it on phone, 3DS or Wii U.
It could be an incentive to make people familiar with Nintendo franchises and lure them to the actual consoles for more games.



Around the Network
DélioPT said:
What if Nintendo only released Virtual Console and eshop games on the phone? You bought one game and you could either play it on phone, 3DS or Wii U.
It could be an incentive to make people familiar with Nintendo franchises and lure them to the actual consoles for more games.


Now there are 2 problems to this.

1.If you take Virtual console non-exclusive, it may just take away one of a Nintendo console's selling point. 

2.That's just BEGGING to be hacked and all.



http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Not this year. In the future? Sure.



It'll never happen, but I'd probably consider getting it if it did.



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Otakumegane said:
DélioPT said:
What if Nintendo only released Virtual Console and eshop games on the phone? You bought one game and you could either play it on phone, 3DS or Wii U.
It could be an incentive to make people familiar with Nintendo franchises and lure them to the actual consoles for more games.


Now there are 2 problems to this.

1.If you take Virtual console non-exclusive, it may just take away one of a Nintendo console's selling point. 

2.That's just BEGGING to be hacked and all.

It depends on how much VC impacts sales of the hardware itself. What if, to offset that loss in hardware, and charging the same price as they do now, the sales increase to a point that the revenue surpasses the loss on HW sales? Wouldn`t that be good for Nintendo? After all, it isn`t VC/eshop that drives revenue and profits for Nintendo anyway.
More, Nintendo would pass the message to those who liked what they got, that there would be more to play (Genesis, MSystem, Neo-geo, etc.) on Wii U or 3DS!

Also, that`s why i said you could download a game and play on consoles aswell. Which might encourage people to buy VC and eshop games on a console and keep on playing them on a phone or a console.
In the end, it would open up a new market without risking losing sales in HW.

You can already play Nintendo games on smartphones - not legally, of course. :D



Around the Network

It's *NOT* going to happen. Absolutely not in the cards. It would be cool, though, if we're throwing reality to the wind and just speaking strictly of wild fantasy. A Nintendo phone would be cool.

Nintendo more than has their hands full already with 3DS and Wii software ,so there's no way they could properly supply a third platform with unique software.  Maybe if the phone is merely backward-compatible with 3DS software as a form of emulation, and is mainly used for Android apps then it would work.

I was talking about a Nintendo phone in a thread a few months ago, and basically the idea was an Android phone, but built proprietary for Nintendo, and not an open platform phone like other Android phones.  By that I mean, apps from other Android devices can all run on this Nintendo phone, but apps made for the Nintendo phone could not run on any other non-Nintendo phone.  In that manner, Nintendo could keep with their tradition of platform exclusivity, yet still get in on the extremely lucrative smartphone market. 

Whether or not something like this ever happens is probably more a matter of when, not if, but certainly I wouldn't expect any concrete information or even hints about such a device until toward the end of the 3DS's lifespan, sometime around 2016 or later.   I do think that 3DS is Nintendo's last dedicated handheld game machine.  That doesn't mean no more buttons or circle pads, it just means their handheld business will take form in a different way once they're finished with 3DS, such as this smartphone idea.



The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

RolStoppable said:
I wouldn't buy it and it's a terrible idea.

I would have expected from you, that the sentence would go on with 'and Nintendo would never do it'. But it seems you're not so sure about that.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Mnementh said:
RolStoppable said:
I wouldn't buy it and it's a terrible idea.

I would have expected from you, that the sentence would go on with 'and Nintendo would never do it'. But it seems you're not so sure about that.

Well, they made the Wii U.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RAcCoOnErOuS said:

Pretty much what the title says. I honestly don't know if anyone predicted this or said anything about this subject but i don't read the forums that much anymore but the main question i would like to ask is WOULD YOU BUY IT?


The Nintendo 3DS is the #1 video game Console EVER!

The Wii U has sold 2.6 million compare to the PS3 2.4 million & 360 2 million during same point of life spam.

 

But I can see PlayStation & XBox doing this with their weak sales in Home Consoles & Handheld Consoles.

My E3 2013 prediction, both PlayStation & XBox will team up with Samsung or Google to make a PlayStaion phone to play Vita games & XBox phone to play XBox games. (JK, no one will do this, but Sony might once again do this)



Screamapillar said:

It's *NOT* going to happen. Absolutely not in the cards. It would be cool, though, if we're throwing reality to the wind and just speaking strictly of wild fantasy. A Nintendo phone would be cool.

Nintendo more than has their hands full already with 3DS and Wii software ,so there's no way they could properly supply a third platform with unique software.  Maybe if the phone is merely backward-compatible with 3DS software as a form of emulation, and is mainly used for Android apps then it would work.

I was talking about a Nintendo phone in a thread a few months ago, and basically the idea was an Android phone, but built proprietary for Nintendo, and not an open platform phone like other Android phones.  By that I mean, apps from other Android devices can all run on this Nintendo phone, but apps made for the Nintendo phone could not run on any other non-Nintendo phone.  In that manner, Nintendo could keep with their tradition of platform exclusivity, yet still get in on the extremely lucrative smartphone market. 

Whether or not something like this ever happens is probably more a matter of when, not if, but certainly I wouldn't expect any concrete information or even hints about such a device until toward the end of the 3DS's lifespan, sometime around 2016 or later.   I do think that 3DS is Nintendo's last dedicated handheld game machine.  That doesn't mean no more buttons or circle pads, it just means their handheld business will take form in a different way once they're finished with 3DS, such as this smartphone idea.


But why would you want to get rid of 180 refresh rate for 30 refresh rate.

And why would you want to get rid of glasses-free stereoscopic 3D for glasses-free Monochromatic 2D.

And why would you want to get rid of 3D camera for 2D camera. (they discontinued 3D phones)

And why would you want to get rid of Duo Screens.

And why would you want to replace 3D Augmented Reality with 2D Augmented Reality.

And why would you want to get rid of Physical controls for Touch only controls by itself.

And why would you replace a big battery in the regular size 3DS for a smaller battery.

And why would you want to replace a 2-core 1.8 GHz CPU for a 2-core 1.0 GHz CPU. (remember battery life)

And why would you want to replace a 400 MHz GPU for a 200 MHz GPU. (remember battery life)

And why would you want to get rid of the 3DS XL screen for a small phone screen.