By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Towns in Final Fantasy XIII Because They Are Too Much Work.

Wagram said:
Hisiru said:
Wagram said:
So people bitch and complain about JRPGs being to cliche but SE actually is doing things to change them up a little...and shocker people are bitching and moaning. for the love of odin!

SE isn't trying to change anything. SE is just making the game more linear and taking away one of the main things in a JRPG because it's too much work to do.

What is wrong with a linear game? and at least they came clean about it and didn't give an excuse. They probably were trying to get the game out sometime this melenium.

Linear Games = Spectacular games imo if done correctly. and FF X did just that.

Sorry but I think you should read the article again. SE isn't doing that because they want to change the franchise, they are doing that because it's too much work to do.

I don't want to be guided in a RPG. RPG isn't just battles and movies for me. Explore cities is one of the main aspects of a RPG.

Also, I think you are closing your eyes just because it's a Final Fantasy game. People aren't hating on anything here, they are just complaining because Square Enix won't add Towns (one of the main aspects of a RPG) just because it's too much work.

Around the Network
dtewi said:
phnguyen89 said:
dtewi said:
phnguyen89 said:
dtewi said:
Here's what happened. Some people didn't like FFX. More didn't like FFXII. Combine the two? Mega-nerd-rage.

I actually liked FFX.  It had a good story, fun battle mechanics, and nice side quests.

A lot of people like FFX (me included) but others don't.

What I'm saying that the haters of the two titles are combined when talking about FFXIII. And that is actually a rather large number.

Ah, I just understood your post a bit better.

SE dropped the ball.  Huzzah.  Level 5 FTW.  Most likely Versus is going to suck too since it'll be too much work.

You. Tell me right now the flaws in FFXIII and why they are making you hate the game.

Simple.  To me, the battle system and story is the most important.  SE managed to screw up both again (FFXII was the first).  Maybe the story will be better once I play it in English (I don't speak japanese so mainly reading translations, then again I watch anime subbed and still like it).

I wanted FF to be a spectacular game.  I was very pumped when it was announced.  Got really pissed when it went to the 360, but hey can't talk back against money.  I would do the same.  When I heard it was going to be two equal versions, I had my doubt.

Unfortunately, SE did take content out of the game.  It was delayed.  Now I hear this.  This is unacceptable.  If you expect me to buy your game, I want quality.

(sigh)  Anyways, I'm looking forward to the other games coming such as Yakuza 3 | NMH | WKC | GoW | LR | Atelier Rorona | Trinity Universe | MAG (once my friends get it) | Red Dead Redemption | Blur | and the nVidia Fermi in March.

people do you even appreciate how hard these developers have worked man. all i see on every thread about ff1 is a complaint dang. I mean really those people work hard and if somethings not in that is usually in then so what there's a lot of good than bad but all you people seem to see is the bad. man no game will ever have everything you want because your human and expectations always change. But people stfu.

I will definetly buy it no matter what happens. But I was from the beginning way more hyped for FFvs13 I like the character and the darker atmosphere.

But that they said its to time consuming to make towns is ridicolous. I really like towns in FF a lot because it is like holiday from the dungeons you will be introduced to a new part of the world and to new stories and stuff. A lot of NPCs and little secrets to discover its an essential part from FF.

But I am sure I will like FF13 probably a lot the battle system should be the best of all time. And I had problems with FFX too in the beginnig but I ended up loving it.

No towns this time and maybe next time in FFXV the whole game will take place in one giant town.

Mad55 said:
people do you even appreciate how hard these developers have worked man. all i see on every thread about ff1 is a complaint dang. I mean really those people work hard and if somethings not in that is usually in then so what there's a lot of good than bad but all you people seem to see is the bad. man no game will ever have everything you want because your human and expectations always change. But people stfu.

It's not "everything we want", it's one of the main points of a RPG, and they aren't adding it just because they are lazy and it's too much work to do.

Around the Network
Mad55 said:

I'm sorry .  I didn't realize only SE have hard working employees.  They should be proud to turn out a game of this quality.  While other developers who worked on Mass Effect 2, Uncharted 2, Borderlands, NHM2, CoD: MW2 turned out ****y games.  Yeah all those games did not require hard work.  I know, they're good, fun to play, and complete, but still nobody but SE have hard working employees.

Oh yeah, before you say I don't know anything, I'm learning DX10/11 under Wolfgang Engel at UCSD.

iLLmaticV3 said:
phnguyen89 said:
dtewi said:
phnguyen89 said:
dtewi said:
Here's what happened. Some people didn't like FFX. More didn't like FFXII. Combine the two? Mega-nerd-rage.

I actually liked FFX.  It had a good story, fun battle mechanics, and nice side quests.

A lot of people like FFX (me included) but others don't.

What I'm saying that the haters of the two titles are combined when talking about FFXIII. And that is actually a rather large number.

Ah, I just understood your post a bit better.

SE dropped the ball.  Huzzah.  Level 5 FTW.  Most likely Versus is going to suck too since it'll be too much work.

iLLmaticV3 said:
-_- Fail Square Enix.

dude.... this thread should of ended with your comment...I have nothing left to say

Seriously Square? THAT's your excuse? You've lost a lot of respect from me. It seems like FFIX will always be my favorite FF, cities FTW!

numonex said:
4 years to develop FFXIII= no towns, very few side missions, too many cut scenes, little gameplay, changed levelling system, PS3 version delayed the game, 360 version delayed the game. Too many excuses for FFXIII.

More news on FFXIII and we are starting to be more and more disappointed with the game. One month to go for the game to be laucnhed in early March. FFXIII is no buy for me. Not even a rental.

Now, now, let's...let's not be hasty, it's a numbered fantasy and not even online only. That alone is worth the rental fee right?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?