By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Towns in Final Fantasy XIII Because They Are Too Much Work.

In Square Enix's book "Final Fantasy XIII Scenario Ultimania", it is revealed that the reason why there are essentially no towns in Final Fantasy XIII is because it is very difficult to make towns on an HD console. Here is the direct quote:

The game’s linearity was just because depicting towns and so on like we did before was impossible to do on an “HD” console – it was too much work.

http://www.ff-xiii.net/index.php?page=article&article=No-Towns-Because-They-Are-Too-Much-Work--514

Around the Network

-_- Fail Square Enix.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

With all the time they took, they still didn't have enough time. Odd and funny.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

They actually said that? O_O Too much work? For such a big profile game, that's had like a gazillion Yen budget and such a long development cycle? Wow.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Oh well. better than some bullshit excuse. good for them to come clean. As long as it doesnt break the game, which it clearly hasnt im going to keep an open mind until i play it.

Around the Network
iLLmaticV3 said:
-_- Fail Square Enix.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I love towns.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

What the fuck is this? Star Ocean: The Last Hope had epicly HUGE towns, and its not as popular or as known as Final Fantasy, no excuse, bottom line... _______

Most people do like towns...perhaps it takes away from too much of the plot in a memory hungry game.....go 360!

GOD DAMN THE 360!!!!

(Just kidding lol)