By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Towns in Final Fantasy XIII Because They Are Too Much Work.

O_O o_O -_o O_o -_- XD ... _> O_O o_- T_T

No matter how I read this it doesn't make sense.

Around the Network
Cheebee said:
They actually said that? O_O Too much work? For such a big profile game, that's had like a gazillion Yen budget and such a long development cycle? Wow.

Well.. yeah.

I guess they didn't want to spend a gazillon more yen and have a longer development cycle making a number of FF12 like towns in HD.

That would be a LOT of extra modeling for little good.

HD graphics have it's negatives as well as it's positives... less room for friveloty is one.  Just be glad we aren't back in the NES era games... where all the monsters were the same 8 monsters repainted.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
What the fuck is this? Star Ocean: The Last Hope had epicly HUGE towns, and its not as popular or as known as Final Fantasy, no excuse, bottom line... _______

It also looks a lot less nice.  You don't see the correlation there?

Kasz216 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
What the fuck is this? Star Ocean: The Last Hope had epicly HUGE towns, and its not as popular or as known as Final Fantasy, no excuse, bottom line... _______

It also looks a lot less nice.  You don't see the correlation there?

All a matter of opinion. i feel it's just slightly below FFXIII as far as graphics go, besides overall content > graphics.

Oh come on. Every other RPG on the HD systems have towns.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Wow...

I hope Versus isn't the same.

No worries! Final Fantasy Versus XIII is going to be MASSIVE!

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

soooo is Square lazy?

supercat said:
Most people do like towns...perhaps it takes away from too much of the plot in a memory hungry game.....go 360!

Mass Effect has some of the best towns i've seen in a HD game. In fact, the only game i can think of with better towns this gen is Dragon Age Origins.

Don't worry, there's plenty of CGI to compensate the loss. sigh...

iLLmaticV3 said:
Soriku said:
Wow...

I hope Versus isn't the same.

No worries! Final Fantasy Versus XIII is going to be MASSIVE!

With Square at the helm....

(I seem to be quoting you a lot today ill)

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?