By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SMG2, Zelda Wii, and Metroid: Other M release dates

ocarinaoftime said:
i dont see zelda for wii coming out this year at all....... i wish it would but there is no way in my opion.....we havent even seen the first trailer for it yet............. we havent even seen one game play screen shoot............ i cant wait for zelda wii but i dont think it will be this year.......mario galaxy 2 proubly will come out this year........

New Super Mario Bros. Wii would like a word with you.

Around the Network

I wouldn't hold my breath about Zelda Wii selling over 2 million in its opening week. Why do so many people think its going to sell so god-like? Zelda has always sold well, but you're setting your standards too high.

I'm rather confused by this whole affair. My idea is that there is no way in hell that Nintendo would release the trifecta in the same half of the same calendar year, but even as Nintendo affirmed Metroid for summer 2010 and Galaxy 2 as a 2010 game yesterday, and yet also confirmed Zelda as a 2010 game.

One of them is going to have to be pushed, i keep thinking. But maybe not. Maybe there will be 6 months of sheer ecstasy.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

I'm rather confused by this whole affair. My idea is that there is no way in hell that Nintendo would release the trifecta in the same half of the same calendar year, but even as Nintendo affirmed Metroid for summer 2010 and Galaxy 2 as a 2010 game yesterday, and yet also confirmed Zelda as a 2010 game.

One of them is going to have to be pushed, i keep thinking. But maybe not. Maybe there will be 6 months of sheer ecstasy.

Last year's trifecta was much bigger, mind, and they still released in a 6-month window

Metroid: August
Mario: November
Zelda: Next April

Around the Network

My guesses:

Metroid: Other M - July/August
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - September
Zelda - November/December

Also, did anyone else find it curious that Nintendo referred to "Super Mario Galaxy 2" as a temporary title?

N-Portugal.com - A Portuguese gaming site. Check the latest N-ews!

My guesses:

Galaxy 2: Sometime during the summer, I'd say between june - august.
Other M: Autumn, somewhere september - november.
Zelda Wii: December, if it does end up releasing this year. Though I'm not convinced, could very, very well be 2011.

As for Pikmin 3, that'll probably launch with Wii HD. XD

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Metroid Other M: July
Galaxy 2: early September
Zelda: mid-November

Depending on which title gets the most information revealed at E3, one may release in July (MOM) Nintendo may steal the competitions E3 thunder by releasing a title in May so they can boast of its sales by E3 (MOM).

I get the feeling Zelda may be delayed though. March 2011 is looking like a possibility, but sales will suffer as a result. However, Nintendo usually has a tandem of titles selling to end the year, (Animal Crossing/Wii Music, Wii Sports Resort/Wii Fit Plus/New Super Mario Bros Wii) so this year won't be any different.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

i just wonder what the new wii motion plus is goin to do for zelda wii.....its goin to be wild to do some of the stuff like sword fighting , shooting arrows, and even tosin the bumarang.......ocarina of time is my fav game ....i just wonder could this game take the crown from oot...........

Here in the US

Metroid: August
Mario: Oct.-Nov
Zelda: Nov-Dec