By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGC 3.0 - can you come up with original website names?

ioi said:

Hey guys

As some of you know by now, VGC 3.0 will involve the splitting of VGChartz into seperate sub-sites, each with their own focus:

• VGChartz - focusing totally on charts, stats and comparison tools
  • A news blog. We want to move the news activity onto it's own sub-site in a blog format
  • A games site. We want to combine the reviews, game database, cheats, videos etc into its own games site
  • A community site - forums, user profiles, social networking

To digress for a moment, does this mean that reviews would be in "Games" rather than "News"?

I'm happy if we have more than five "recent reviews" visible and finding reviews is generally easier.

And would previews (like Beta impressions) go in VGCGamez or VGCNewz?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
VGCom, GameLife, TheTeaBag.... just some names I thought off the top of my head

hahahahaha

ioi , if you dont use TheTeaBag as one of the names i will leave this site! lol

(not really) but PLEASE call something on the site that haha

maybe have like a user video section (mimi youtube) mimitube if you will but call the 'TheTeaBag' hahaha

well done nightsurge 

haxxiy said:
I brainstormed a little. Beware eventual crap!

Games - vgamez, the base
News - the spot, leviathan, the bringer, the sentinel, vgnewz, the train, the pegasus
Forums - übergaming, chartz community, the pit, the bog, the swamp, threadz, afterforums, vgchatz, the catch, reveries

Games - The Base

News - The Spot

Forums - The Pit (love that one)

nice haxxly 

Please...Keep it all together.

Take my love, take my land..

BugriChartz

>_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

I agree with what others have already said here as far as "VG" and "z" goes. It'd be neat to continue having a common thread between the different sites (I particularly enjoyed VGChatz from TruckOSaurus). As far as News and Gaming is concerned, I think keeping them together would allow for better ease of use for everyone.

This 3.0 is looking to be pretty huge... I can't wait to see what you guys are planning. ^_^

Simulacrum said:
Please...Keep it all together.

I'm guessing ioi is a bit forced to do this.. the site isn't making enough money.. now he can have Vgchartz free and with premium membership and the news, reviews, community sites as 3 separate sites for 3 times the space for ads... while it's a risk he could lose viewers of the site it's a good way to attract advertising.. little publishers with smaller games will likely want their ads on the community site.. etc..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

880user088 said:
chartz.vgchartz.com

blog.vgchartz.com

games.vgchartz.com

forum.vgchartz.com

simplicity rules...

This.

Oh! Thought of another one! Possibly for the blog or the news:

NerdPress (get it! Play on Word Press!)

Or maybe:

EscapeTheBasement

ioi... this is sort of on topic but not really

please can the site have more natural BOLD colours? (eg IGN)
the neon hurts my eyes sometimes. like the system logos