By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGC 3.0 - can you come up with original website names?

Everyone suggesting names: you're just a tiny bit late

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

so my dear website became like activision! they split the site to get more views and more $, how gready of you! i hope it will be easy navigating threw the websites, well i would like to see video reviews some walkthroughs. aslong as everything is stable and easy to navigate i'l like it.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

btw i don't want this "upgrade" to attract any fanboys which will ruin the site. vgchartz is perfect their aren't many flame wars, and we don't have fanboys posting rude comments in threads.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

It's actually not an original name, it's more a derivative:

Internet Video Game Database (IVGDb)

Derived from IMDb (The Internet Movie Database) http://www.imdb.com/. IMDB is THE site where movie industry people go to scope each other out. If a person in the biz doesn't have a profile with full filmography and bio then they aren't worth knowing in the biz. All wannabe actors, directors, etc put their profile up there.

Given the status of IMDb in the movie industry it might be rather presumptuous of VGC to give itself a similar name, but if you wanna be big, you gotta think big and sound big.

Personally I'm not big on all those names ending in "z". If you're gonna do that stick with the name we've got.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

seen the new names they are kinda awesome actually xD

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network

I say, get rid of the Z all together. Make it VGCharts. VGChat. VGGame.