By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA should port Extraction to the HD system when the motion controls launch.

I agree with the OP 100%. If it were a rail shooter in the mold of the Resident Evil rail shooters or HoTD, for example, it would have been an enjoyable time. The game consists of you talking to other characters for five minutes about a meaningless plot that nobody cares about. The spooky atmosphere is built up for another two minutes. This is interrupted with a two minute firefight.

Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

This is the entire game.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
gurglesletch said:
You must mean remake it as i don't want to play a ps3 game with wii graphix.

Well, the Wii assets run in higher res would still look better than Time Crisis 4.

z101 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

EA should port Extraction to the HD system when the motion controls launch.

The Problem is: Natal is to improper and imprecise for shooter games. Sonys Wand may be accurate enough, but who wants a lamp in his hand when he is sitting in his dark room and wants to play a horror game.

I also doubt that most gamers after playing the first Dead Space would want to play a rail shooter.

gansito said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
I love everyone talks about one of the best Wii games last year as if it's some piece of crap and then go and defend shovelware like Just Dance just because it's selling well.

dead space extraction is really good, its sad barely anyone here played it.

The Dead Space:Extraction game I played was one of the worst games I played on the Wii. (note: I do not include games like Puppiez or license games I never would play them unless word of mouth really came up about them) I have actually recommended against people from buying the game. The experience was shallow the voice acting and plot horrid. The pacing choppy. the graphics were good for a Wii but far from Awe inspiring. 

To think this was a "test" game was an insult

Carl2291 said:
EA should port Extraction to the HD systems... So it can fail?

You come across as some paranoid emo kid who feels the need to defend anything and everything Nintendo has, or does.

It's getting boring.

Oh, and no... They shouldn't. HD consoles already had the "test" game. It was called "Dead Space". That's why they are also getting "Dead Space 2".

And Wii's ''test'' game was a prequel rails spin-off of a game called ''Dead Space''

And I think the ''EMO'' thing better suits ''U'' but that's ''mho''.....

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
It's not because the Wii is my platform of choice (I also like the games on the other systems, and will get those systems when I can afford them). I want the Wii to have the support it deserves on principle. If you can't understand that, then you only show you don't understand the concept.

Answer me this... How does the Wii "deserve" all of this support you want?

If you don't know the answer by now than you may never know.......

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

BrandonM said:
Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
It's not because the Wii is my platform of choice (I also like the games on the other systems, and will get those systems when I can afford them). I want the Wii to have the support it deserves on principle. If you can't understand that, then you only show you don't understand the concept.

I asked why he personally thinks it does. And he didn't respond.

Actually, i'm still waiting for a reason as to why the Wii "deserves" whatever support he is wanting...

I will laugh if he says because of the sales, btw.

Carl2291 said:
BrandonM said:
Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Actually, i'm still waiting for a reason as to why the Wii "deserves" whatever support he is wanting...

Why?  Sales is the reason the industry threw pretty much everything behind PS2?  

jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:
BrandonM said:
Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Why?  Sales is the reason the industry threw pretty much everything behind PS2?  

PS2 gen was different because there wasn't a hardware gap like there is this gen, with dev's seeing the market as everything vs PS2. Plus, PS2 dominated marketshare over all other competitors.

Anyway, my point on why i would laugh at sales for his reason. Which market has provided Nintendo with these huge sales? The market that are buying 3rd party games such as EA Sports Active, Your Shape, Just Dance, Carnival Games and so on. THAT market is what has given the Wii such a big sales lead, and THAT market is what the 3rd parties are mainly focusing on.

The Wii is getting the support it deserves, as the main userbase on Wii are obviously getting the games they want. Be it from 3rd parties, or Nintendo themselves.

Carl, every time you say that you ignore all the core games that have sold fantastically on Wii. When great core games are made they sell, the Wii may have as many core gamers as expanded audience, and then there's the fact that much of the expanded audience are lapsed gamers, they aren't all looking for mini game collections. The sales of games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda Twilight Princess, etc. prove there is a very big core audience on Wii. They outdo the big core games on the PS3 ffs. The idea that only the casual games sell and therefore the core should not be supported is crap, it's been debunked over and over.

And yes, most are Nintendo games. That is because Nintendo are serious about their Wii games unlike third parties. Their brands were no bigger than third parties at the start of this gen either, they've made them big by making great games. There's nothing stopping third parties from doing that on Wii, hell EA are killing themselves trying to make popular franchises on the HD consoles but they put weak efforts and weird 'test' games on the Wii.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.