By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA should port Extraction to the HD system when the motion controls launch.

Obviously, I don't think it's a good game. The trailers made me cringe, and I'm not looking for 'story' or cutscenes in my lightgun games.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
Demotruk said:
steverhcp02 said:
I understand your frustration OP, but lets be honest. A year old port of a game when the true sequal Dead Space 2 is probably coming out around the same time would cannibalize its sales.

Want to compare on rails games from HD to Wii....compare Time Crisis sales to Dead Space sales.

Or maybe we will see Wii and HD simaltaneous releases of future rail games, in which case we will have to wait and see, but id bet it would comfortably be a nice 2:1 sale PS3 vs Wii.

Ooh, good idea, compare one of the worst selling Wii on rails shooters to the best selling PS3 one.

Well, if there is another "not best" selling on rails HD game we can compare that too. You ignore everything else in my post.

So your argument is "we cant compare them because it doesnt fit my argument" It is what it is bro, this thread was pointing out dead space, not HoD or anything else.

Even so, when we compare Hod overkill and Hod 2/3 we see perhaps the genre's fanbase isnt interested in such games on the wii anymore, who knows, its anyones guess why it happened. Dead Space wii to my knowledge was relatively well receieved.

Dead Space Extraction 82 meta 81 user

House of the dead 78 meta 93 user

House of the dead 2/3 66 meta 78 user

Its strange as to why its happened, but the sales diminish with release dates moving from HOD 2/3 down to overkill down to dead space rather than sales based on user or critic ratings.

Why this happened is anyones guess but my own, but im inclined to believe that HoD 2/3 sold more because it was at a time when the wii was still in the "wow" timeframe and supply constrained, 2 years after release and sales went down as the wii demographic shifter.

Time crisis still has outsold all but HoD 2/3 even though thats by far the least enjoyable based on user and critic reviews. So its anyone guess, but ive explained my theory.

Carl2291 said:
SaviorX said:
Carl2291 said:
SaviorX said:
Carl2291 said:
EA should port Extraction to the HD systems... So it can fail?

You come across as some paranoid emo kid who feels the need to defend anything and everything Nintendo has, or does.

It's getting boring.

Oh, and no... They shouldn't. HD consoles already had the "test" game. It was called "Dead Space". That's why they are also getting "Dead Space 2".

I'm sorry, but this makes you look like the same exact thing in reverse.

Some paranoid emo kid who feels the need to attack anything and everything Nintendo has, or does?

Well, yea. Not as much as some users, but a noticeable  amount.

Then could you explain my constant love of Zelda, my DS, Metroid (to an extent) and Pokemon?

I don't know. Whenever I see you post, it is not in a thread where you express it.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

steverhcp02 said:
Demotruk said:
steverhcp02 said:
I understand your frustration OP, but lets be honest. A year old port of a game when the true sequal Dead Space 2 is probably coming out around the same time would cannibalize its sales.

Want to compare on rails games from HD to Wii....compare Time Crisis sales to Dead Space sales.

Or maybe we will see Wii and HD simaltaneous releases of future rail games, in which case we will have to wait and see, but id bet it would comfortably be a nice 2:1 sale PS3 vs Wii.

Ooh, good idea, compare one of the worst selling Wii on rails shooters to the best selling PS3 one.

Well, if there is another "not best" selling on rails HD game we can compare that too. You ignore everything else in my post.

So your argument is "we cant compare them because it doesnt fit my argument" It is what it is bro, this thread was pointing out dead space, not HoD or anything else.

Even so, when we compare Hod overkill and Hod 2/3 we see perhaps the genre's fanbase isnt interested in such games on the wii anymore, who knows, its anyones guess why it happened. Dead Space wii to my knowledge was relatively well receieved.

Its strange as to why its happened, but the sales diminish with release dates moving from HOD 2/3 down to overkill down to dead space rather than sales based on user or critic ratings.

Why this happened is anyones guess but my own, but im inclined to believe that HoD 2/3 sold more because it was at a time when the wii was still in the "wow" timeframe and supply constrained, 2 years after release and sales went down as the wii demographic shifter.

Time crisis still has outsold all but HoD 2/3 even though thats by far the least enjoyable based on user and critic reviews. So its anyone guess, but ive explained my theory.

My argument was that your argument was flawed, you were cherry picking a terrible Wii rail shooter to say that rail shooters don't sell on Wii. Even on your further analysis you've decided to omit the Resident Evil shooters because they don't fit your argument. And ironically you accused me of "we can't compare them because it doesn't fit my argument". Umbrella Chronicles has sold 1.23 mill, Darkside only 400K so far but it certainly doesn't paint the picture you tried to in your post.

Using metacritic is a fallacy as it's not representative of the general public. On one hand you've got the enthusiast media, mostly males in their twenties and thirties, hardly representative. On the other you've got self selecting users, more likely to be enthusiasts.

BTW, I didn't mean an actual port as much as an enhanced remake, like NMH Paradise. There just wasn't enough space on the headline.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Demotruk said:
steverhcp02 said:
Demotruk said:
steverhcp02 said:

My argument was that your argument was flawed, you were cherry picking a terrible Wii rail shooter to say that rail shooters don't sell on Wii. Even on your further analysis you've decided to omit the Resident Evil shooters because they don't fit your argument. And ironically you accused me of "we can't compare them because it doesn't fit my argument". Umbrella Chronicles has sold 1.23 mill, Darkside only 400K so far but it certainly doesn't paint the picture you tried to in your post.

Using metacritic is a fallacy as it's not representative of the general public. On one hand you've got the enthusiast media, mostly males in their twenties and thirties, hardly representative. On the other you've got self selecting users, more likely to be enthusiasts.

I didnt include it but it still follows my theory, since Umbrella came out early and sold well, now Darkside which has dropped to 5k/week, but recently released in japan it will possibly get to Time Crises sales, but probably fall 200k short.

So it still fits the trend where it doesnt appear sales correlate at all with either user or critic reception but appears to diminish based on timeline of release. This still holds for resident evil as well.

I agree meta isnt used as THE point or proof of anything. However, when used as a baseline to perhaps see why a game would sell, it appears that opinions of both critics and users dont coordinate in terms of reception and sales to these aforementioned games. Since its drastically all over the place, regarding user/critic reception to sales we see the trend of release dates poking its head up which is still true even for RE Umbrella and Darkside.

Which is why im confortable believeing the lack of sales has far less to do with quality or marketing and more with target audience being diminished over time.

I guess in the end my main point is we have one HD rails game which released very early in the PS3 lifetime which probably aided sales since software was arguably nonexistant at that point, but even if a rails game were released now on HD consoles it seems there is a market for it. We cant trend release dates on HD since we dont have example, but on the wii we have a lot and its trends adown on all acounts, not even an exception.

So im inclined to believe Dead Space problem isnt as much on the devs or the scapegoats the OP wants it to be on and is more just a trend on the wii showing diminished sales with each successive release which points to less interested parties in the games regardless of quality or reception.

And im fairly certain ive hit the nail on the head.

Well, you should have predicted it before hand ;) Accurate foresight is the test of any theory, after all.

I'm not making a scapegoat. I'm trying to DEBUNK their scapegoat.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I highly doubt they would port a game that didn't do well in their eyes. I guess this idea can actually show some sort of proof though. Proof that no one actually wanted a Dead Space rail shooter? Or was the real problem the way it was marketed? IMO it could be one of those 2 reasons, or both. We may never know though, because atleast I think, they will never port Extraction to HD consoles, even when the motion controller/camera is released.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"