By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA should port Extraction to the HD system when the motion controls launch.

Demotruk said:
Carl2291 said:
Demotruk said:
Um, Carl, the developer themselves called it a test game.

That's what i said... It was classed as a test.

Ok, but you were also trying to make Dead Space it's equivalent. One was a test, and was called so by it's developer. The other was a high budget AAA game in a proven genre. There was no "if our game doesn't sell there is no core market on HD consoles", there was no strange mismatching of genres, there was just a well made game in a proven genre. One game was hyped by gamers until it's release, the other was hyped until they realised it was a 'guided first person experience'.

So? The point still stands... If DS flopped hard we wouldn't be seeing DS2. Thus, bringing no need for DS:E.

There wasn't need for any of those comments, as the market was already proven with core games selling millions upon millions of copies. That said market is still yet to be proven on the Wii, as it has ben on PS3 or 360.

Bamboleo said:
@ Carl

"The difference is i don't spend a great deal of my time on this site complaining about 3rd parties and how they don't understand my platform of choice."

So what? You like to comment on PS3's numbers when they're below or above the X360 and not everyone gives a shit about it.

I don't tell you to stop commenting on PS3 sales do you?

Jesus Holly Marrie Santana Christ.

I make those comments in sales threads. And i also comment on the sales for every other machine too...

I don't make threads complaining about Wii outselling PS3.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
It's not because the Wii is my platform of choice (I also like the games on the other systems, and will get those systems when I can afford them). I want the Wii to have the support it deserves on principle. If you can't understand that, then you only show you don't understand the concept.

Answer me this... How does the Wii "deserve" all of this support you want?

Carl2291 said:
EA should port Extraction to the HD systems... So it can fail?

You come across as some paranoid emo kid who feels the need to defend anything and everything Nintendo has, or does.

It's getting boring.

Oh, and no... They shouldn't. HD consoles already had the "test" game. It was called "Dead Space". That's why they are also getting "Dead Space 2".

I'm sorry, but this makes you look like the same exact thing in reverse.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

@ Carl

But this is a specific case were the platform is blamed by mediocre game sales, which is obvious not the case with Dead Space Extraction. A port to the HD consoles would prove everyone that the game flopped because of its genre, not the platform.

The very same case for GTA Chinatown Wars.

I love everyone talks about one of the best Wii games last year as if it's some piece of crap and then go and defend shovelware like Just Dance just because it's selling well.

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
Carl2291 said:

You come across as some paranoid emo kid who feels the need to defend anything and everything Nintendo has, or does.

It's getting boring.

Oh, and no... They shouldn't. HD consoles already had the "test" game. It was called "Dead Space". That's why they are also getting "Dead Space 2".

Some paranoid emo kid who feels the need to attack anything and everything Nintendo has, or does?

Carl2291 said:
SaviorX said:
Carl2291 said:

It's getting boring.

Some paranoid emo kid who feels the need to attack anything and everything Nintendo has, or does?

Well, yea. Not as much as some users, but a noticeable  amount.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Mummelmann said:
I doubt that EA's business decisions will be based on the OP's wanting to prove a point. Porting it would be plain stupid, if they want to waste money they could rather (and probably will) keep on destroying the NFS franchise until no one wants to buy.

Hey, they tried with Shift and it was a good game.

Carl2291 said:
SaviorX said:
Carl2291 said:

It's getting boring.

pretty much?

Bamboleo said:
@ Carl

But this is a specific case were the platform is blamed by mediocre game sales, which is obvious not the case with Dead Space Extraction. A port to the HD consoles would prove everyone that the game flopped because of its genre, not the platform.

The very same case for GTA Chinatown Wars.

Wouldn't the fact that it would be a year (+) late port, also affect the sales... Drastically?