By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA should port Extraction to the HD system when the motion controls launch.

Barozi said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"and the game didn't flop, the legs are impressive"

Oh. My bad for not checking up on it. It's sold 210K already. Then again, Madworld and Conduit opened low, but have sales about 400K, and people still think they flopped.

I'm not calling this game a flop anymore, just that it had a really poor opening, and that people are still quick to judge Wii sales out of the gate, not long term. Look at how little recognition Mario Kart Wii gets for outselling GTA IV (both systems combined, and in every region now).

So it makes it clear the Wii didn't kill this game. The game just is niche, like every other "test" game that publishers boneheadedly think is more than niche (or know they are and are using this as an excuse not to support the Wii).

You always make it sound like Wii developement is as cheap as making NES games......

Totally ignore the fact that The Conduit, Madworld and Dead Space got a price cut like 5 weeks after release (in Europe often after 3 weeks). Next time I see a new multiplat HD game reaching 500k on each PS3 and 360, I'll claim a HUGE success, like you always do....

I no longer recall how long it took for Madworld, but The Conduit took a hell of a lot longer than "5 weeks" to get a price cut. Not that this is the main point of this thread, but I can't stand it when people use false "facts" to prove their point.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:
BrandonM said:
Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
It's not because the Wii is my platform of choice (I also like the games on the other systems, and will get those systems when I can afford them). I want the Wii to have the support it deserves on principle. If you can't understand that, then you only show you don't understand the concept.

Answer me this... How does the Wii "deserve" all of this support you want?

If you don't know the answer by now than you may never know.......

I asked why he personally thinks it does. And he didn't respond.

Actually, i'm still waiting for a reason as to why the Wii "deserves" whatever support he is wanting...

I will laugh if he says because of the sales, btw.

Why?  Sales is the reason the industry threw pretty much everything behind PS2?  

PS2 gen was different because there wasn't a hardware gap like there is this gen, with dev's seeing the market as everything vs PS2. Plus, PS2 dominated marketshare over all other competitors.

Anyway, my point on why i would laugh at sales for his reason. Which market has provided Nintendo with these huge sales? The market that are buying 3rd party games such as EA Sports Active, Your Shape, Just Dance, Carnival Games and so on. THAT market is what has given the Wii such a big sales lead, and THAT market is what the 3rd parties are mainly focusing on.

The Wii is getting the support it deserves, as the main userbase on Wii are obviously getting the games they want. Be it from 3rd parties, or Nintendo themselves.

The only reason PS2 led in marketshare is because pretty much the entire industry threw everything behind it before it even launched.  It's basically the opposite of Wii, which has risen to surpass PS2's record breaking sales on more or less just Nintendo's efforts and against the vast majority of publishers, developers, retailers, analysts, industry press, an arrogant electronics giant and an even larger cut-throat software giant.  They all backed the HD twins.

Also, 70% of Wii owners also owned a PS2 according to NPD/Nielsen.  "THAT market" is mainly the same market that made games like GT, Madden and GTA huge last gen.  Wii's 3rd party "problem" starts and ends with content... the industry can't exactly expect AAA hardcore sellers when they refuse to develop AAA hardcore games on the system. But on the off chance they happen to (Monster Hunter) it somehow seems to still work out.

Doesn't matter really though, this gen's nearing it's close and everyone can rebalance and refocus for next gen appropriately.  Well, the ones that survive can anyway. ;)

jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Carl2291 said:
BrandonM said:
Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
It's not because the Wii is my platform of choice (I also like the games on the other systems, and will get those systems when I can afford them). I want the Wii to have the support it deserves on principle. If you can't understand that, then you only show you don't understand the concept.

Answer me this... How does the Wii "deserve" all of this support you want?

If you don't know the answer by now than you may never know.......

I asked why he personally thinks it does. And he didn't respond.

Actually, i'm still waiting for a reason as to why the Wii "deserves" whatever support he is wanting...

I will laugh if he says because of the sales, btw.

Why?  Sales is the reason the industry threw pretty much everything behind PS2?  

PS2 gen was different because there wasn't a hardware gap like there is this gen, with dev's seeing the market as everything vs PS2. Plus, PS2 dominated marketshare over all other competitors.

Anyway, my point on why i would laugh at sales for his reason. Which market has provided Nintendo with these huge sales? The market that are buying 3rd party games such as EA Sports Active, Your Shape, Just Dance, Carnival Games and so on. THAT market is what has given the Wii such a big sales lead, and THAT market is what the 3rd parties are mainly focusing on.

The Wii is getting the support it deserves, as the main userbase on Wii are obviously getting the games they want. Be it from 3rd parties, or Nintendo themselves.

The only reason PS2 led in marketshare is because pretty much the entire industry threw everything behind it before it even launched.  It's basically the opposite of Wii, which has risen to surpass PS2's record breaking sales on more or less just Nintendo's efforts and against the vast majority of publishers, developers, retailers, analysts, industry press, an arrogant electronics giant and an even larger cut-throat software giant.  They all backed the HD twins.

Also, 70% of Wii owners also owned a PS2 according to NPD/Nielsen.  "THAT market" is mainly the same market that made games like GT, Madden and GTA huge last gen.  Wii's 3rd party "problem" starts and ends with content... the industry can't exactly expect AAA hardcore sellers when they refuse to develop AAA hardcore games on the system. But on the off chance they happen to (Monster Hunter) it somehow seems to still work out.

Doesn't matter really though, this gen's nearing it's close and everyone can rebalance and refocus for next gen appropriately.  Well, the ones that survive can anyway. ;)

that is the only correct answer to the problem untill they actually try with some serious effort.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

bmmb1 said:
Barozi said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"and the game didn't flop, the legs are impressive"

Oh. My bad for not checking up on it. It's sold 210K already. Then again, Madworld and Conduit opened low, but have sales about 400K, and people still think they flopped.

I'm not calling this game a flop anymore, just that it had a really poor opening, and that people are still quick to judge Wii sales out of the gate, not long term. Look at how little recognition Mario Kart Wii gets for outselling GTA IV (both systems combined, and in every region now).

So it makes it clear the Wii didn't kill this game. The game just is niche, like every other "test" game that publishers boneheadedly think is more than niche (or know they are and are using this as an excuse not to support the Wii).

You always make it sound like Wii developement is as cheap as making NES games......

Totally ignore the fact that The Conduit, Madworld and Dead Space got a price cut like 5 weeks after release (in Europe often after 3 weeks). Next time I see a new multiplat HD game reaching 500k on each PS3 and 360, I'll claim a HUGE success, like you always do....

I no longer recall how long it took for Madworld, but The Conduit took a hell of a lot longer than "5 weeks" to get a price cut. Not that this is the main point of this thread, but I can't stand it when people use false "facts" to prove their point.

It also wasn't the main point of my post how much it exactly takes until those games get a price cut.

Just the fact that they got a price cut pretty soon after the release and that any sales increase over the last months is nice for the records, but in the end pretty much meaningless in terms of profit.

"Just the fact that they got a price cut pretty soon after the release and that any sales increase over the last months is nice for the records, but in the end pretty much meaningless in terms of profit."

And if you paid attention, I noted that's not why I stated those games made money. So you are trying to counter something I didn't claim.

But that's not the reason I'm bumping this:

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-dead-space-extraction-coming-to-xbla-psn-163020.phtml

Wow.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

YOU CAN SEE TEH FUTURZ!

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Apparently someone got his wish.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

The price will make a HUGE difference.

Bamboleo said:
I agree, so the game can flop even harder and give EA even worst losses so EA finally can go bankruptcy and stop making garbage.

Yeah ... its everyone's dream ...but you know life is not perfect ...

-I wish my girlfriend was a little bit more nervous (if you know what i mean) ... and also that EA shuts its doors too ^^-

ps:At least my girlfriend its getting more nervous over time ^~

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

OMG make a thread saying GTA is coming to the WII!

QUICK!