By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1up yours rumour: Big 360 game canceled.

ckmlb said:
leo-j said:
Ha wow, if they cancel banjo their complete idiots, first off its the only platformer that is as good as mario. Secound off, that game will make me buy a 360.

What planet do you live in where Banjo was ever as good as Mario? The last one was garbage.

i really hope you don't mean Tooie..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
leo-j said:
Ha wow, if they cancel banjo their complete idiots, first off its the only platformer that is as good as mario. Secound off, that game will make me buy a 360.

What planet do you live in where Banjo was ever as good as Mario? The last one was garbage.

Glad to see your back ckmlb...  There were even threads wondering where you were.

I mean Tooie precisely.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
I mean Tooie precisely.

gj calling the 2nd best platformer ever garbage. Now for pete sakes, please play it first.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

While I highly doubt the rumor there are only two realistic possibilities. Either the title is Marvel Universe Online, or Wingnut interactive has gone belly up. Both have far better chances then the other speculations. I always felt the legal groundwork under Marvel was unstable. With NCsoft going to the Sony camp. Three super hero MMORPGs on the market, and all the licensing issues that should arise out of that. Not to mention the relationship between Sony pictures and Marvel. Not to mention the financial health of cryptic is questionable.

Honestly I also thought Wingnut was a pipe dream out of the gate. Downloadable episodic content. Sounds good on paper, but not in real life. While a person is sitting in front of their console wanting a game. Especially if they are not online, or they do not have a hard drive. So perhaps the plans were too grand.

That said enough with the ragging on Rare. They are far more integral to Microsofts plan and studios then you think. Not only is Microsoft using them to balance their library. They are also spreading them out among other teams. You know what the last game Rare worked on was. Oh yeah a little title called Halo 3. Seriously give it a rest.

Around the Network

Its not Alan Wake... As per a question asked on the Remedy Alan Wake site forums a moderator stepped in and confirmed it is still alive...

http://www.alanwake.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25676

I predict it's Halo Wars.

A spin off of an existing franchises would be the most likely candidate for cancellation. There are a lot of things that can go wrong with a spin off:

The development team may fail to meet the standards of the main series team.
The spin off's genre may not properly appeal to fans of the main series.
It may not be possible to capture the feel of the original series properly in the spin off's genre.

Remember that Blizzard toyed with Warcraft Adventures and Starcraft Ghost for years before canceling them due to these issues.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

None of those are sistem sellers ... good sellers , yes , but not sistem sellers ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Banjo games are freaking awesome, and you bet Banjo 3 is a major reason I'm getting a 360.

I think Too Human, Marvel Online, or Halo Wars. Why are we certain it's not Fable 2? The other 3 don't really seem big enough to warrant all this buzz...

naznatips said:
Banjo games are freaking awesome, and you bet Banjo 3 is a major reason I'm getting a 360.

I think Too Human, Marvel Online, or Halo Wars. Why are we certain it's not Fable 2? The other 3 don't really seem big enough to warrant all this buzz...

MS said it wasn't Fable 2 today.