By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1up yours rumour: Big 360 game canceled.

And people forget that in Europe, Kameo has charted in the top 10 for 2 years now.

Banjo Kazooie 3 will do good. Not as good as BK1 on N64, but will do well.

As for RPGs on the X360: Blue Dragon got unfortunately panned in reviews (77%), despite the game being vastly better. It sold great in Japan (210k), but didn't do too hot in the US/Eur because you had retarded reviewers giving it 6's and 7's, when 6 months before, they were playing imported copies, giving them 9s and 10s. It killed BD.

As for ES, it's a very similar situation + the fact that it was a little-known 3rd party IP.

JRPGs will do good on X360, it just takes more than 3 to do such. Lets wait to see how Lost Odyssey does in the US/Eur before we make final decisions.

And again, VP now tracks again on the X360, and Kameo does in Europe. Why would Lego Star Wars 2 sell 500k in the US alone on the X360, and POTC 3, Spiderman 3, and other younger core games do moderately well, and a big AAA younger core game bomb?

I'm not saying it'd do 2m+, but 1m+ should be easy, expecially if MS promotes it in Holiday 08. 2008 is all about diversification: there's not a single first party IP that's an FPS game. Because of this "spreading out", I think Microsoft will focus on the more diverse lineup, and with the Arcade as well, might promote BK3.

Remember: buying a Wii for SMG costs $300. Buying a X360 for BK is $340. Not a huge difference if someone wants a system for a platformer.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:And again, VP now tracks again on the X360, and Kameo does in Europe. Why would Lego Star Wars 2 sell 500k in the US alone on the X360, and POTC 3, Spiderman 3, and other younger core games do moderately well, and a big AAA younger core game bomb?

BK was moderately popular 7 years ago, but I can't imagine that the vocal minority we see on the internet being able to pick up the slack when it comes to the game's required sales to break even.

Maybe if MS puts a HUGE advertising budget behind the game, but look at what Viva Pinata was: it had a TV series, toys, a game, the whole nine yards. It was being backed by MS as an effort to get a series as popular as Pokemon out there and even with all that backing, the game tanked.

POTC, Star Wars and Spider Man are all well known and liked franchises, franchises any customer could go to the shelf and recognize. BK might as well be an unknown, because I can't imagine moms looking for something to distract their kids recognizing a seven year old franchise like they would Spider Man or Pirates.

They didn't recognize Viva Pinata and that had a children's show behind it. Again, HOW does BK3 stand a chance?

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks