By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most overated game series.

Most overated game series.

Halo 286 50.00%

Final fantasy 78 13.64%

Zelda 45 7.87%

Metal Gear 54 9.44%

Grand theft auto 109 19.06%

Total:572

What is the most overated game series?

Vote and disscuss.

My vote:FF

Around the Network

It has to be FF.....no other game can do the same melo-dramatic crap that FF does and gets away with it.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

None of those on the poll. I know that for sure. I'll vote for.umm.hmm You know ths thread will get alot of posts . Though Orcarina of time is the most overrated game. But franchises. You'll have too be a fanboy to tihnk that a WHOLE sereis is overrated. I mean. Are all of the games or most of them overrated

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I'm going to say Final Fantasy.

It was great once upon a time but after it gave way to; androgynous males and females, massive melodrama, laughable plot twists, and a deluge of belts and zippers, I stopped taking the series seriously.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Mario

Around the Network

Probably the Legend of Zelda or Metroid.

Out of those... between FF and GTA

Metal Gear Solid. After MGS1 it was pretty much downhill.

Hmm... that's a tough one. I'dve said FF, except that 1-6 were actually good ones. If it were only more recent ones, I'dve voted for it. And Halo, well, it caused console online gaming to explode, and keeps justifying it, even if it's not my genre of games. I don't really see Zelda as overhyped, even if I do think the 3D ones are weaker. So that leaves me GTA and MGS. Both of these series, to me, are overhyped crap. So let me look at both of those.

GTA is a game that is, as many play it, all about killing and committing crime. Games like this are what draw the attention of gaming regulators, which I don't want. (Ironically, I know it would mean defending games like this being made.) And it's an incredibly buggy game; exploits can be found through the series. (I believe it was Vice City where the flamethrower could go through a bulletin board, but the police couldn't figure out how to go around it?)

MGS, on the other hand, I've always felt was more about the cinematics than the gameplay. I do know that gaming can be used to tell a story, but I feel the ratio of game to story is too small for me. And if I just wanted a story, I'd get a movie for less money. And later in the series, while you could be stealthy, there was enough stuff to muscle your way through a good part of the game. Doesn't this kinda ruin the feeling of MGS?

But I really think, after looking at things, I have to give it to GTA. To top it off, it's got higher reviewer scores than MGS for what is really the same thing in a different city. (MGS at least changes up enough other things.) It also sees insanely high sales, and is really the only reason that Rockstar is even still around as a company. When the hype dies, so does Rockstar. And I won't mourn it one bit.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Why aint the modern warfare side of the call of dutys a choice?