By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most overated game series.

Most overated game series.

Halo 286 50.00%

Final fantasy 78 13.64%

Zelda 45 7.87%

Metal Gear 54 9.44%

Grand theft auto 109 19.06%

Total:572

Halo for sure, so much hype

Around the Network

Halo. Period

FF easily followed closely by Zelda.

FF to me, never got any interest in this series and from my brief experience never will.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

I'm pleasantly surprised that FF isn't leading this poll, as there is quite a vocal crowd in this forum who consider FF to be overrated.

My vote goes to GTA, mainly because of GTA4, which was a huge letdown and stepback from what GTA:SA, the best sandbox game ever made, accomplished, yet managed to be rated above it.

Also, i'm glad that Zelda has so few votes, there is no Zelda game that is overrated.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

GTA no doubt and Montana what the hell is going on with you ? ZELDA overated come on, the franchise that have been copied many many many times well I really don't understand why there are people who hate Mario & Zelda.

okay where I live when kids want to buy games they don't say I want this game they say I want this Mario instead of this game so please people how can you ?

besides you don't have to put Zelda here because it's some kind of an insult.

I was just about to vote for GTA for their mediocre-to-annoying gameplay (mainly due to controls and to a lesser extent, camera) but then I came to think of how popular Halo is in the US and how dedicated its fans are. Sure, professional reviewers don't overrate it (at least much) but the players do. It's not bad, it's just not that good.

My vote is halo and not because I don't own an xbox.

Master Chief is a pretty generic character as is the game's plot, but no one plays FPSs for the plot, they are played for the rush. But that is the thing, Halo has no adrenaline rush. Regenerating shields competelu ruined and quickness to the gameplay. Make a kill? Go run and hide.

Plus in the first halo the pistol (with zoom) was the beat weapon in the game for multplayer. It is the weapon you started with, it did great damage and you could zoom for easy headshots. You should not have a seemingly weak weapon be the best as it sorta ruins the point of the other weapons. Also, regenerating bonuses like the uber shield can make the deathmatches pretty unbalanced (though many games have this, sadly, with no way to make those items 1 time spawns)

Halo

wow Halo gets most votes, you didnt see that coming.

PlayStation Series: Killzone

Nintendo series: Mario

Microsoft: Cant say. I never played any of MGS games