By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you have more fun with Mario Galaxy or NSMB Wii?

It's interesting that some of you say that nsmbwii is more fun, but that you still think galaxy is the better game.

This makes NO sense. A game should be measured first on foremost on how much fun it is, everything else is just bells and whistles.

For the record, I think NSMBWii is more fun, and thus a better game.

Around the Network

@ksv: I don't get that too, it's senseless, but.....
I said that too!!

Davey1983 said:
NSMBWii. It is a blast to play, even on your second, third or thirtieth play-through. Can't say that about Galaxy.

this. I'm already on my 4th complete playthrough of NSMBWii.

I loved galaxy, but I couldn't manage more than 1.5 playthroughs.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Davey1983 said:
NSMBWii. It is a blast to play, even on your second, third or thirtieth play-through. Can't say that about Galaxy.

Disagree.

Super Mario Galaxy. While New Super Mario Bros was fun, it didn't do a lot of things that past 2D Mario games had done that I liked, and wasn't as 'fresh' as Mario Galaxy. Whereas Mario Galaxy was practically the most unique and new Mario game since Mario 64. And in my opinion, perfected what they were trying to do with Mario 64 in both gameplay and level design.

ksv said:
It's interesting that some of you say that nsmbwii is more fun, but that you still think galaxy is the better game.

This makes NO sense. A game should be measured first on foremost on how much fun it is, everything else is just bells and whistles.

Well in my case, I had more fun with Mario Galaxy.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network
ksv said:

I think it makes perfect sense. NSMBWii is more fun because it is multiplayer and you can get almost anyone watching you to be interested and jump in on the fun. The nostalgia alone makes people grin and giggle. Galaxy is a single player game that is amazing in every way but just can't compare to a 4 player side scroller with roots that deep. Galaxy is a better game hands down, but NSMB will always win on fun factor for it's guilty pleasure (minus the guilt) and accessability.

Galaxy, though I haven't played NSMBW yet, only the DS game... Out of those 2, I prefer Galaxy, by a mile.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I've only rented SMG and I must say that I enjoyed it. However, with NSMBWii I have a blast, both single and multiplayer!

well..... about the replayability smg was way longer and 100% meant you had to finish it twice

I loved both games, but if we are not counting multiplayer Galaxy easily wins for me. I've played through Mario Galaxy multiple times, whereas after beating NSMBWii I haven't played it again. In fact as soon as I was done with NSMBWii the first time I went back to playing Galaxy again.

If we were counting Multiplayer it would be a lot closer, because NSMBWii was the most chaotically fun game in multiplayer. Peoples' reactions when you throw them off a platform or bounce on their head, etc. is priceless.