By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you have more fun with Mario Galaxy or NSMB Wii?

Had more fun with NSMB because I could play with friends. SMG was amazing in single player.

Around the Network

SMG. But It's really not easy to choose.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Not easy to choose at all. But, I am sure my answer will be Galaxy 2 =)

I don't think it's ever happened before. Not even with Super Mario 64 DS or Super Mario Sunshine. NSMBW marks the very first time that I got bored with a Mario game. I loved NSMB on the DS. It's my favorite DS game, still. I got to world 7 in NSMBW, turned the game off, and never turned it on, again. It took me forever to even find the motivation to get that far!

So, I guess my answer is Galaxy. One of the best games I've ever played.

Tough choices :P But with single player I gotta go with SMG.

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
guiduc said:
killeryoshis said:
Galaxy. Its no contest. Unless you count muilplayer than its much closer. I find galaxy to be amazing. NSMBW is a step down to Mario World. Its like the game was made between Mario 3 and Mario world. Also I beat galaxy 4 times in 100 hours. I beat NSMBW once yet its only 6 hours. Also 4x6=26 hours. To me Galaxy is the better value. Though NSMBW has the best muiltplayer though

I hated Super Mario World and loved Super Mario Wii. I don't get the point about how it is revolutionnary, apart from the first introduction of Yoshi.

Let me give you a hint. It wasn't. The game was basicly a improvement in the Gameplay aspect of Super Mario bros 3.
Though the level designs and much diffrent. Its this diffrence that makes Mario World the best 2-D mario game. That's my
opnion don't flame me

No I don't want to flame you I just gave my opinion. The music really sucks in Super Mario World (castle theme, underground theme, athletic theme) 

But this is my own opinion.

damkira said:

Super Mario Galaxy is the much superior game. NSMBWii is innovative enough but for me it didn't have nearly the sense of awe and wonder that Galaxy did.

I think this is a great point.  Many people say they had more fun with NSMB Wii but acknowledge that Galaxy is the better game, but are uncertain why.  I think damkira has nailed it.

NSMB Wii is great fun, is a great game with lots of great touches but it doesn't surprise, it doesn't make you stop and go "wow!". Galaxy did that (for me) more than any one game has a right to.

Toss me into the "New Super Mario Bros. Wii" camp. Galaxy was good, NSMBWii was beyond compare.

Solo player?
smg
but if I had to choose which is the better game that gives me more content... that would be very hard to choose between the both of them.

NSMBW is the most addictive sort of fun, Galaxy is a richer experience all round and immensively impressive, but there's just something about 2D Mario that gets everyone...