By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Mummelmann said:
FYI, I'm actually from Norway... Perhaps my first post was somewhat rude, I apologize for that. Silly to get riled up over details.

No problem

Keeps things lively. I didn't really think you was a yank it was just for the joke.

Around the Network

@Lord Flashheart- I do know what you are saying about the PS3 fans on this site, but I think you might be misintepreting "most abundant" with "worst".

Here's what happens: When one fanbase is more prevalent, you get a lot more posts supporting that side. Then one person in the majority reads a rediculous troll post, and puts one up slightly less rediculous which looks reasonable in comparison, and tada, the bar of acceptability has been lowered. When you see so many people agreeing with you, well it can become a heady mix, and can get out of hand (I once again refer you to the "360 gimped FFXIII!" threads). I don't believe that all of these people are trolls, but acceptability and "trolling" are defined by the society that one is in. Here on VGChartz with a preponderance of PS3 fans, some threads can become a PS3-centric "society" thus lowering the bar of acceptability. Then when you call them "trolls" they (and I'm guilty of this too!) feel attacked because they don't see their posts as being out of line, because according to the tone of the thread, they aren't.

Ignore. Mistaken identity.

:)

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Ps3's lineup us better

CommonMan said:
@Lord Flashheart- I do know what you are saying about the PS3 fans on this site, but I think you might be misintepreting "most abundant" with "worst".

Here's what happens: When one fanbase is more prevalent, you get a lot more posts supporting that side. Then one person in the majority reads a rediculous troll post, and puts one up slightly less rediculous which looks reasonable in comparison, and tada, the bar of acceptability has been lowered. When you see so many people agreeing with you, well it can become a heady mix, and can get out of hand (I once again refer you to the "360 gimped FFXIII!" threads). I don't believe that all of these people are trolls, but acceptability and "trolling" are defined by the society that one is in. Here on VGChartz with a preponderance of PS3 fans, some threads can become a PS3-centric "society" thus lowering the bar of acceptability. Then when you call them "trolls" they (and I'm guilty of this too!) feel attacked because they don't see their posts as being out of line, because according to the tone of the thread, they aren't.

This is very correct. It all depends on the place and time.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

like I said before the DS will take it this year with GOLDEN SUN DS!!!! NUFF SAID!!!

360 has a really good lineup but I don't think it matches PS3's.

From an average gamer's perspective 360 has (that is console exclusive):

- Mass Effect 2
- Halo Reach
- Splinter Cell Conviction
- Fable 3
- Alan Wake (to some extent, not very well known in real world)
- Crackdown 2

That's about all the games that are mainstream. So very impressive lineup. But PS3 has:

- God of War 3
- Heavy Rain (It's iffy if you can call it mainstream or not)
- MAG
- White Knight Chronicles (arguably mainstream)
- Gran Turismo 5
- Final Fantasy vs 13
- The Last Guardian
- ModNation Racers
- Agent

And games that aren't confirmed but could be 2010 are Resistance 3, Killzone 3 and Twisted Metal PS3.

Really it comes down to taste. I really like the look of GT5 and ModNation Racers; all that interests me on 360 is Splinter Cell and Crackdown 2 to some degree.

Everyone seems to ignore the MMO's when they list games whaat about The Secret World or The Agency ?

@common man.
I know what you mean unfortunately when I'm commenting on them like today I know who I mean but others reading my comments don't. The lesser trolls as I'll call them are just funny and mildly annoying but the ones that peddle the same old shite over and over again they are the one's I mean.
When a thread becommes more PS3 centric as you put it it ruins it for other PS fans who get caught up with the fanboys. They might disagree or even agree with the topic at hand but because the thread has been ruined they are either 1, seen as part of that group or 2, feel like they are being wrongly being called fanboys and challenge that. Which they have a right to do and even though they never side with the trolls because they are sticking up for themselves others feel that they are really siding with the trolls.

I feel that there are far more actual sony trolls than wii or 360 trolls. People read post and don't see how they are disruptive and never see how trollish they are but will read something they disagree with and will clock that as being a troll post. I have yet to read a Sony or Ninty thread that's as bad as a lot of MS threads.
Mob mentality I guess.

Nothing is known about Agent to be honest so that shouldn't be on anyone's list me thinks.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?