By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which do you prefer - Square, Enix or Square-Enix

Which do you prefer - Square, Enix or Square-Enix

SquareSoft 84 63.64%

Enix 25 18.94%

Square-Enix 23 17.42%

Total:132

what was it when they made ff12? because that was my favorite final fantasy.

But yeah i'd have to say squaresoft

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

Square-Enix because FFXII is my favorite FF.

cgkc17 said:

This....FF12 was the only FF I could beat without feeling bored out of my mind.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Hmm... easy one for me, even if I already knew my vote would be in the minority: Enix. They've made fun games, and none of their games have this "sold out" feeling that some later Squaresoft games (PS1-2) had. However, I can see the Squaresoft argument, as Enix was basically dead outside of Japan from the latter half of the 16-bit era through most of the 32/64-bit era. (And this is a real shame, given some of their quality titles during this era: Dragon Quest 5 and 6, Terranigma, etc...)

Not that I want to completely dismiss Squaresoft, though. They've done some other great titles: early Final Fantasies, Parasite Eve, Live A Live, even Rad Racer, but some other titles of theirs (Ehrgeiz, FF7, etc) feel like they were selling away from their fanbase and more to the new graphics crowd. So I have to dock them below Enix in my view.

Now, Squenix? Forget them. They've been milking their big names, and doing little else of notice. They're afraid to sell a game outside of Japan without the words "Final Fantasy" in the title. They've joined EA and Activision with the rehash game. And they're still pandering to the graphics crowd. So in my eyes, they've got the same problems as late Squaresoft, with more new problems, and they're driving some of Enix's games to crap. Back in the SNES days, I would almost blindly buy a game that said Square(soft) or Enix. Now, the Square Enix label is a sign for me to scrutinize the game.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

jesus kung fu magic said:
cgkc17 said:

This....FF12 was the only FF I could beat without feeling bored out of my mind.

odd FF12 is the only FF to date where I actuall had to force myself to play it after a certain point & the story didn't make me feel convinced to want to play on as I stopped caring what was happening.

still a fantastic game, but it just wasn't for me I think.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Squaresoft

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

When I was younger, anything with Squaresoft on it was to purchased immediately. In terms of game quality, they rivaled Nintendo/Rare's first party efforts. They were just an amazing company.

Now as Square-Enix, they are mismanaged and inconsistent, now more so this gen than in the last one.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SquareSoft Forever!!! And oh yeah FF VIII FTW Forever(to me until I try the next FF), sorry just could not resist it

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Enix then Square. I would have preferred an option that has both, but no Square-Enix.

SE took a dive, but it's not like they had a choice. Everyone seems to forget that RPG development is insane for development time and budget compared to most other games. It looks easier because there is less "action" happening on screen, but it takes less people to handle more action than it takes to have story, character development and all the stuff that makes and rpg.

RPG are easily the more expensive type of game out there to make. Square and Enix needed more software released in the between years. For the company it's probably been better than before. For the games they make. It's certainly suffered.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Easy one for me. Squaresoft for sure.

At some point, something must have come from nothing...

...nothing can come from nothing...