By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the Sony Playstation 3 the right choice?

Garnett said:
jneul said:
Garnett said:
-ku- said:
Fei-Hung said:
Garnett said:
Brennan said:
Unless you're mostly a shooter fan, PS3 is in fact the best choice. More and better exclusives overall.

PS3 is an RPG console, notice most of the people who own one love RPG..

dude, since ps3 is an rpg console, what the hell are games like:

killzone2, resistance 1 + 2, gt5p, gt5, motorstorm, lbp, modnation racers, mgs4, infamous, uncharted 1+2, buzz, yakuza3, heavenly sword, eye pet, ratchet and clank, flower,singstar?

i thought these were in genre's such as fps, platform, adventure, 3rd person shooter, family games, arcade racers and race simulators :S

It's like me saying the 360 is a fps console although it has trademark games such as; forzza, project gothem, alan wake, gears, fable, lips, shadow complex.

In fact, the 360 has probably invested more in securing rpg's this year generation than sony has lol

*edited: the word year for generation.

KZ2- Ok                 Halo 3,Halo ODST,Halo Reach

R1 +R2- OK (bringing back old games?) Gears 1 + 2

GT5P-Demo?                      Forza 2

GT5- No release date      Forza 3

Motorstorm-Ok

Modnation racers-no release date   Avatar racing, its free too

MGS4-Ok but old                   Fable 2,Fable 3

UC2-Ok                                  

Buzz- Never heard of it.          

yakuza3- Barely know what it is, few people do                                     

heavenly sword-old titles really?               You got me here

eye pet-wow               Natal

ratchet and clank- old but ok                 Banjo

flower-lol psn titles really?          Castle Crashers, hundreds of other XBL titles i dont care top put down. All exclusive.

-singstar?                   -lips

Your lucky  that someone who actually cares about debating like Kowenicki or Seece didnt say what i said because they would of had a hole list of games i never head of. Im not really the type to debate because i know no one will win. 

oh please don't even compare forza tto GT and R&C to Banjo, they are not even in the same league, GT and R&C are much better.

And also UC2 ok?? Biased much?? Most gamers will admit it is amazing

lips is just a clone of singstar

Its not about which one is better, its just that there is one on the 360. 

UC2 has a good SP but the MP is awful, most people also love Gears... I hate Gears, i dont have low standards for a good game. 

If it makes you feel any better i hate SP in most games but i could actually play UC2. Same goes for Infamous and R2.

I will let you off, it all come down to opinions afterall, but personally I loved UC2 MP, but I must admit, it was not much fun when people kept on chasing the newbies and blowing them up all the time, you spend most of your time respawning instead of playing lol, maybe I just am bad at UC MP, who knows, but I am good at KZ and COD MP

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network
jneul said:
Garnett said:
jneul said:
Garnett said:
-ku- said:
Fei-Hung said:
Garnett said:
Brennan said:
Unless you're mostly a shooter fan, PS3 is in fact the best choice. More and better exclusives overall.

dude, since ps3 is an rpg console, what the hell are games like:

killzone2, resistance 1 + 2, gt5p, gt5, motorstorm, lbp, modnation racers, mgs4, infamous, uncharted 1+2, buzz, yakuza3, heavenly sword, eye pet, ratchet and clank, flower,singstar?

i thought these were in genre's such as fps, platform, adventure, 3rd person shooter, family games, arcade racers and race simulators :S

It's like me saying the 360 is a fps console although it has trademark games such as; forzza, project gothem, alan wake, gears, fable, lips, shadow complex.

In fact, the 360 has probably invested more in securing rpg's this year generation than sony has lol

*edited: the word year for generation.

KZ2- Ok                 Halo 3,Halo ODST,Halo Reach

R1 +R2- OK (bringing back old games?) Gears 1 + 2

GT5P-Demo?                      Forza 2

GT5- No release date      Forza 3

Motorstorm-Ok

Modnation racers-no release date   Avatar racing, its free too

MGS4-Ok but old                   Fable 2,Fable 3

UC2-Ok                                  

Buzz- Never heard of it.          

yakuza3- Barely know what it is, few people do                                     

heavenly sword-old titles really?               You got me here

eye pet-wow               Natal

ratchet and clank- old but ok                 Banjo

flower-lol psn titles really?          Castle Crashers, hundreds of other XBL titles i dont care top put down. All exclusive.

-singstar?                   -lips

Your lucky  that someone who actually cares about debating like Kowenicki or Seece didnt say what i said because they would of had a hole list of games i never head of. Im not really the type to debate because i know no one will win. 

oh please don't even compare forza tto GT and R&C to Banjo, they are not even in the same league, GT and R&C are much better.

And also UC2 ok?? Biased much?? Most gamers will admit it is amazing

lips is just a clone of singstar

Its not about which one is better, its just that there is one on the 360. 

UC2 has a good SP but the MP is awful, most people also love Gears... I hate Gears, i dont have low standards for a good game. 

If it makes you feel any better i hate SP in most games but i could actually play UC2. Same goes for Infamous and R2.

I will let you off, it all come down to opinions afterall, but personally I loved UC2 MP, but I must admit, it was not much fun when people kept on chasing the newbies and blowing them up all the time, you spend most of your time respawning instead of playing lol, maybe I just am bad at UC MP, who knows, but I am good at KZ and COD MP

UC2 MP wouldnt be bad if they

1.Fix the guns... The AK shoots like a MG42 on top of a plane...

2. I have to wait 90 seconds and i loose 40 thousand because i want to quit early? Thats fucking lame.. God forbid we dont play a hole game.. Same with KZ2 i gotta sit and wait for my half ass team mates to end the game.. which could take a while.

Im good at KZ2 when i played i was always 1-2 place, its just i didnt like the gameplay. 

I guess you could say i prefer SP games on PS3.

ps3333333333333333333333333

Garnett said:
Brennan said:

OMG... that one hurts... PS3: Racing Simulation, casual games, RPS, Sports... these PS3 is leading... FPS is not so behind but games are the same quality...

PS3 = Has browser, you can open Youtube, gmail, facebook, VGChartz, etc... from your console! X360 NOT... when people say X360 has better online, is about cross voice chat, that is comming to PS3... difference: it´s free.

Soo... becarefull with fanboys... X360 and Ps3 are great consoles, just see around the accessories and bundles... like, PS3 already comes with recharge battery and bluetooth controlers and headset as Wifi and BluRay.. X360 not... and so on...

good luck!

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

@Garnett

You should think thrice before posting nonsense.

Around the Network

Get a PC it's better than a PS3. If you have a PC get a Wii because you can. If you have a Wii get another one. Just what ever you do don't ever buy a PS3, buy a Blu-ray player instead! :D

I've got both and I would have to say PS3. At the end of 2008 it looked like my PS3 was destined to be a very expensive Blu-Ray player. A year later and it looks like my 360 has turned into a very expensive paperweight. Developers are just now beginning to realize the power of the PS3, so games are going to continually get better and better. But MassEffect2 is out soon for the 360 and that game alone is worth the price.

For PS3:
1. Best exclusive games overall
2. Free online gaming
3. Built in Wi-Fi (extra $100 for 360)
4. Blu-Ray player (top of the line player which by itself would cost $300)
5. Great controller
6. Failure rate is low compared to 360

For 360:
1. Largest online gaming community
2. MassEffect 2

Fuck... I'm dead!

bottom line,if you want a system that will last 5 months get a 360,if you want a system that will last till next gen get a ps3.In the end it's all about quality

Wait, why are you asking us about wanting to get a PS3 when your game tags under your profile picture show that you already own a Wii, DS, and X360?

Anyways, choose whatever you prefer. A console is about what games are on it and what the console (itself) offers the consumer with features. Each console has its own distinct advantages, disadvantages, and games, so get whatever console you want. You'll be happy with whatever you choose

The PlayStation 3 is an excellent choice for a gaming platform. Of course, every gamer knows that having all 3 major platforms is key, but sometimes, that is really damn expensive!

The Sony PlayStation 3 offers:

- built-in Blu-ray support

- Metal Gear Solid 4

- a plethora of inputs: USB, HDMI, Component, Composite, Ethernet

- wireless controllers with up to 4 being linked up to the system

- upscaling of DVD movies

- LittleBigPlanet

- PlayStation Home

- 300 USD price tag

- remote play via PSP

- t3h pow3r of t3h C3LL

And that's why PS3 is the right choice.