By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the Sony Playstation 3 the right choice?

I'm new to VGchartz and after browsing the forums and stuff it seems that this is a rather friendly community.                                                            So I figured I can ask this question without persecution.

My Birthday is coming up in a few months and Ive been trying to figure our what to get. I gut is telling me to go with the PS3 because there are some games that interest me on it and free online service is always a plus. I really like both the single player experience and multiplayer experience games have to offer. My friend tells me I will make the wrong choice if I get a ps3 because he says the online service is far inferior to the Xbox360. I don't have a Xbox360 or a PS3 and I don't know much about either so I have no idea if he's telling the truth or not, he claims that I wont be able to find anyone online to play with so I better get used to playing alone with the PS3.

So that is how I ended up here, I came to post on this forum because I need more opinions than just my friend's. Is PS3 the right choice? Or is there a better choice for me?

Around the Network

xbla is superior but it's not by a bazillion miles as everyone would have you believe, look at the games of ps3 and 360, and see which you prefer.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I have both systems so i feel that i can make a good judgement on this.  TO sum it up i would go ps3. 

here are my reasons:

1.  the upcomping exclusives seem to be better on ps3 and more.

2.  online is free and u never have trouble finding online matches. (also the connection and lag seem to be no differnet on either system)

3. blu ray player

4.  the exclusives already out are better and more of them

5. i personally like the ps3 controller better

theres more but i hope this gives u a idea

Thanks guys, this is helping me with my decision.
More advice always welcome!

Go with the PS3 , Free Online , More Dedicated Servers for exclusives , More then enough People playing online , Blu ray + Wifi right out of the box , More reliable , More Relevant Exclusives IMO , you can Easily Find Free Backgrounds and themes On PSN . Superior Graphics (Right now at least) And Sound . Its Quiet , and you can Recharge your Controllers RIGHT out of the box , no need to buy something Extra .

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

I had the same decision to make a few months ago.

My advice is to look at the list of exclusive games for each console and pick which one has the games you would be interested in.

After all, it should be about the games.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Ps3 is the only choice.

games movies value reliability future

I like single player (really good on PS3) and local multiplayer (really good on Wii) more than multiplayer online (really good on 360). I like having all the media capabilities more than paying for an online service.

I also like the game lineup more on PS3 than 360, but that's up to personal opinion.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

didnt you just make this thread a few hours ago?

1.What most of your friends have
2.Which controller you prefer