By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the Sony Playstation 3 the right choice?

i used to own both consoles, to be honest the only way xbox live is superior is because of the croos chat feature, and even then psn is really not that far behind. I personally have never had any problems with trying to find people online to have matched with on Uncharted 2, MW1, or MW2
Finally you will find the community is alot friendlier, and in my opinion have a PS3 is much better.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

you certainly won't be alone on ps3, and you will get online for free as well. I'm not trying to convince you get a PS3, you have to make the decision yourself, the games are the most important. Also it depends if you're willing to pay for online, if you want a hard drive etc.

I chose the PS3 one of the main reasons i got a PS3 was because of the PS1, PS2, and PSP. That and blu-ray i guess, even though i haven't used it yet it's nice to know I can watch HD movies on my new HDTV.

For me it's more of a wash with the retail games between 360 and PS3.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Go with a PC and ignore these noob HD console pushers. Get the real deal, uncut and true hardcore gaming experience with the best graphics, online and overall experience.

3 years ago all my friends had a 360 and said to get one. I knew I wanted a PS3 so I went with that and for a while just played by myself or people I met online. Since then over time all my friends have moved to the PS3 and either sold their 360, broke their 360, or hardly play their 360. If you get a PS3, your friend will want one too.

WilliamWatts said:
Go with a PC and ignore these noob HD console pushers. Get the real deal, uncut and true hardcore gaming experience with the best graphics, online and overall experience.

noob HD pushers, lol, we all know how much a decent pc gaming rig can cost you and yes it is normally more than £1000 if you want it to last for a long time, seriously it is better if you get a PS3 or X360 (if you already own a HD TV), PC Gaming is dying because the developers are not keen on the piracy on there that has gotten well out of control

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

Look man its like this. If games like White Knight Chronicles, God of War 3, Yakuza 3, Mag, Heavy rain and GT5 are games your interested in then buy a PS3.

If your interested in Alan Wake, Splinter Cell conviction, Halo Reach or Mass Effect 2 then buy a Xbox 360.

Online isn't that much differant. Xbox 360 has more features but you need to pay for it so do research on that and see which one serves you better

The online between both consoles is great. XBL is a little bit better but it does cost $50 a year. So just weigh you options and pick the console with the games that interest you. Dont ask us to pick for you. Thats the best advice anyone can give you

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Unless you're mostly a shooter fan, PS3 is in fact the best choice. More and better exclusives overall.

jneul said:
WilliamWatts said:

noob HD pushers, lol, we all know how much a decent pc gaming rig can cost you and yes it is normally more than £1000 if you want it to last for a long time, seriously it is better if you get a PS3 or X360 (if you already own a HD TV), PC Gaming is dying because the developers are not keen on the piracy on there that has gotten well out of control

Because its worth it! Btw

Processor AMD Athlon II X3 435 $89.99
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P $79.99
Memory Crucial 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR3-1333 $55.99
Graphics XFX Radeon HD 5750 1GB $144.99
Storage Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB $74.99
Samsung SH-S223L $31.99
Audio Integrated $0
Enclosure Antec NSK 4480 II w/380W PSU $79.99
Total Buy this complete system at Newegg $557.93

From Tech Report is a nice solid system for $700 including tax, shipping and Windows 7. If all the games are based on console specs then it'll just be dandy playing the same console games at twice the resolution and framerate.

Brennan said:
Unless you're mostly a shooter fan, PS3 is in fact the best choice. More and better exclusives overall.

PS3 is an RPG console, notice most of the people who own one love RPG..