By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the Sony Playstation 3 the right choice?

jaime713 said:
I had a 360 and Got the RROD I switched to ps3 and never been happy about it. Online is not way better in the 360 is a lie. Games and coming up games are just stepping all over 360. But if u decide the 360 is ok nobody will tell
u anything is just personal choices. I already had 2 friends that swithched to the ps3 and never will go back to 360 but if u want halo then 360 is for you

holy google translator..... XD

Around the Network

Have you actually finished all the 360 & Wii games you want to play? If so then go for it otherwise why waste your money? I would finish the games I can get now and worry about a 2nd or 3rd console after the well had run dry.

Garnett said:
Brennan said:
Unless you're mostly a shooter fan, PS3 is in fact the best choice. More and better exclusives overall.

PS3 is an RPG console, notice most of the people who own one love RPG..

dude, since ps3 is an rpg console, what the hell are games like:

killzone2, resistance 1 + 2, gt5p, gt5, motorstorm, lbp, modnation racers, mgs4, infamous, uncharted 1+2, buzz, yakuza3, heavenly sword, eye pet, ratchet and clank, flower,singstar?

i thought these were in genre's such as fps, platform, adventure, 3rd person shooter, family games, arcade racers and race simulators :S

It's like me saying the 360 is a fps console although it has trademark games such as; forzza, project gothem, alan wake, gears, fable, lips, shadow complex.

In fact, the 360 has probably invested more in securing rpg's this year generation than sony has lol

*edited: the word year for generation.

Get the system that your friends have, playing online w/them is 1000X more fun than slogging it through single player.

PS3, ive played both online and to be honest? i see no difference in online gameplay =] but one is free o.O

the choice is yours... (PS3!) =P

Around the Network
RJ@Melb said:
1.What most of your friends have
2.Which controller you prefer

Don't say that thats how X360 sold to begin with... One guy got it then the neighbours and by PS3 arrival Sony was damaged.

I have to say Interface wise and practicality go with PS3 maybe you dont think so but if you have a PS3 in your room you'll spend hours at night using the web browser.

-PS3 interface is better/sleeker.

- 360 has some nice customization  and free features like 1 vs 100

-Online is Free but not too practical on PS3

-360 30-50 USD and lots of features

I like home is getting better and we can see Son's innitiave and why not go with PS3 there are some great cheap games now like MGS4

"Rainbird: Why don't Nintendo and Microsoft Copy the Sony Blog?

Bagenome:You can't shoot things on a blog, and babies can't read, so I don't think it would suit either one's target audience."

d21lewis said:
Honestly, do JRPG makers even realize how hard it is to save the world? That shit is impossible!

Fei-Hung said:
Garnett said:
Brennan said:
Unless you're mostly a shooter fan, PS3 is in fact the best choice. More and better exclusives overall.

killzone2, resistance 1 + 2, gt5p, gt5, motorstorm, lbp, modnation racers, mgs4, infamous, uncharted 1+2, buzz, yakuza3, heavenly sword, eye pet, ratchet and clank, flower,singstar?

i thought these were in genre's such as fps, platform, adventure, 3rd person shooter, family games, arcade racers and race simulators :S

It's like me saying the 360 is a fps console although it has trademark games such as; forzza, project gothem, alan wake, gears, fable, lips, shadow complex.

In fact, the 360 has probably invested more in securing rpg's this year generation than sony has lol

Noticve that Forza didn't sell to well or Gothem or this Lips games and Alan Wake TBD.

But I do know that HALO+Gears=30m/5 games

and COD- almsot 2-1 on PS3

As for  PS3, there have been no significant gneneres to out do the other  they all sell around the sames being- Sandbox, RPG, Racing, Shooter, Action(adventure), and platform, Fighting/hacknslash.

"Rainbird: Why don't Nintendo and Microsoft Copy the Sony Blog?

Bagenome:You can't shoot things on a blog, and babies can't read, so I don't think it would suit either one's target audience."

d21lewis said:
Honestly, do JRPG makers even realize how hard it is to save the world? That shit is impossible!

-ku- said:
Fei-Hung said:
Garnett said:
Brennan said:

Noticve that Forza didn't sell to well or Gothem or this Lips games and Alan Wake TBD.

But I do know that HALO+Gears=30m/5 games

and COD- almsot 2-1 on PS3

As for  PS3, there have been no significant gneneres to out do the other  they all sell around the sames being- Sandbox, RPG, Racing, Shooter, Action(adventure), and platform, Fighting/hacknslash.

this was the point i was trying to make to Garnett. the ps3 has awesome games in all genres and therefore cannot be an rpg console. the ps2 may have been a rpg console since it had a silly amount of them, but this gen, ps3 has been on the back foot for quiet a while when it came to rpg's and only recently started to catch up with them. 

J.a.M said:
didnt you just make this thread a few hours ago?

Sheep :)

After reading through the whole thread I think I will go with the PS3.

And I don't have a 360, I just added a 360 game to my list cause my friend gave it to me for free.