By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the Sony Playstation 3 the right choice?

Just so you know, this site has a lot more PS3 fans than 360 fans. It's very possible that you will choose the PS3 based off of the responses you get here. Be aware of that.

Sure free online is a plus, but all 360 owners I know don't complain about the fee so they must feel it's a service worth paying for.

Which is the best choice all depends on which exclusive games you like the best. Browse both libraries, and decide.

Around the Network

Listen to your friend lol. Tomodachis are always right

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
Listen to your friend lol. Tomodachis are always right

I doubt he knows what tomodachi means, don't confuse him haha.

Snesboy said:

The PlayStation 3 is an excellent choice for a gaming platform. Of course, every gamer knows that having all 3 major platforms is key, but sometimes, that is really damn expensive!

The Sony PlayStation 3 offers:

- built-in Blu-ray support

- Metal Gear Solid 4

- a plethora of inputs: USB, HDMI, Component, Composite, Ethernet

- wireless controllers with up to 4 being linked up to the system

- upscaling of DVD movies

- LittleBigPlanet

- PlayStation Home

- 300 USD price tag

- remote play via PSP

- t3h pow3r of t3h C3LL

And that's why PS3 is the right choice.

B_E_L_I_E_V_E.

So when you gettin yours :)?

Xxain said:
Snesboy said:

The PlayStation 3 is an excellent choice for a gaming platform. Of course, every gamer knows that having all 3 major platforms is key, but sometimes, that is really damn expensive!

The Sony PlayStation 3 offers:

- built-in Blu-ray support

- Metal Gear Solid 4

- a plethora of inputs: USB, HDMI, Component, Composite, Ethernet

- wireless controllers with up to 4 being linked up to the system

- upscaling of DVD movies

- LittleBigPlanet

- PlayStation Home

- 300 USD price tag

- remote play via PSP

- t3h pow3r of t3h C3LL

And that's why PS3 is the right choice.

B_E_L_I_E_V_E.

So when you gettin yours :)?

Not soon enough.

Around the Network

If you still reading commits heres my look at this.

1. go play the ps3 at a friends house see the pros and cons of the system

heres somethings you got to think of

2. think of what our going to do with it ( this help me buy one) like are you going to only play exclusive or are you going to switch completely. and look at the other features like the blue ray player, and the internet ( are you going to use it and stuff like that) .

3. look at the games.. i might be wrong but the ps3 has 19 AAA exclusive titles take a look at those games and see if they interest you because if they dont then theres not much more you can do with ps3.

seeing that i was kinda late to this you probably already made your mind.. but if not here you go

I believe that when buying a system it is important to consider a few things first and foremost does it have the quality of games I enjoy. If yes continue then you consider the likelihood of more games you will enjoy emerging in the future. If yes continue, lastly you look at what else the system can be used for since it is important to get the most out of your money.

The winner is PS3!

Why the system really came into its own in the last year and a half and 2010 looks even better for great PS3 exclusives. Furthermore, the system seems to have barely scratched the surface of its potential according to many developers. Lastly, the inclusion of a blu ray player and free online access puts the system over the top.

Will Natal change things?

Will everything go digital?

Will developers start using the PS3 as the lead console in development?

Those are important questions to consider but as of right now I would pick the PS3.

Yes but Xbox live is better in multiplayer.

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

wtf bump?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

I have the same problem. I would get a PS3 but I hear Bayonetta is much better on 360 than PS3. I've been wwanting to play Fallout 3 and I hear it's much better on 360. Modern Warfare 2 is probably better on 360 too. And the best game of this year is regarded by many to be Mass Effect 2, but it isn't on PS3 either. And I think Alan Wake looks promising.

Other than that I would like to be able to play The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy XIII, Uncharted 2, and God of War 3.

The thing about the 360 right now though is that since it's been being beaten in sales by the PS3 for awhile now surely it will have a price cut sometime soon, and I don't want to pay the price they're asking now if it's going to be significantly cheaper in the near future.

Two other consideration:

In favor of 360: Used games on 360 seem to be both more plentiful and cheaper than used games on PS3 at places like ebay, so if you would like to get many games at low prices you might want to opt for the 360.

In favor of PS3: The PS3's greater success than the 360 in Japan could mean PS3 will be getting many more exclusive jrpgs in the future than the 360 if that is one of your favorite genres.