By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy - on track for "2nd Best Game Ever"

Final-Fan said:

OK, I exaggerated in my last post, but this, as I understand it, is literally what you've been arguing, LtoK:

1. Bioshock is very different from System Shock 2.
1a. It is very different, even if the gameplay is identical (or identical except for the dumbed-down parts), because it has a different story.

2. Super Mario Galaxy is not very different from Super Mario 64.
2a. It is not very different because the story is the same.
2b. The new gravity-based gameplay mechanics are a minor gameplay tweak -- an improvement but not an innovative development.
2c. Also, it's not different because you still collect coins and stars and stuff.

3. It's my opinion, so you can't prove it wrong.
3a. Zomg.

My responses:

1. No it isn't.
1a. I defer to naznatips on this, and he has shown that he is right, and many, many sources readily available on the Net back him up.

2. Yes it is.
2a. Don't be silly.
2b. The gravity mechanic is HUGE, and your dismissal of it indicates to me that you don't really grasp the doors it opens in terms of new gameplay possibilities. I don't blame you too much -- I think we all will learn quite a bit only after experiencing this game -- but your refusal to see even the glimmering potential is quite frustrating.
2c. Are you serious?  That's like saying a FPS is unoriginal because you shoot people. 

3. Don't be silly. If you want to stick your fingers in your ears and yell "la la la I'm not listening", you have that right, but don't pretend you're participating in a debate that way.

First off, ive already stated that its over leave it alone

Second your responses are your opinions.......what ive been saying this whole time.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network
gamingdevil said:
Soriku said:
gamingdevil said:
Hm i finished it and yeah it's heeeell worthy.

How long did it take you to beat it (no spoilers please, just the time)?

Around 13-14 hours.

Hmm do you mean to beat the final boss. Im hoping thats all you mean, i hope the 120 star quest is gonna be 25+

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

I edited my last post and yes that's what i mean.

Lost tears of Kain said:
Final-Fan said:

OK, I exaggerated in my last post, but this, as I understand it, is literally what you've been arguing, LtoK:

1a. It is very different, even if the gameplay is identical (or identical except for the dumbed-down parts), because it has a different story.

2b. The new gravity-based gameplay mechanics are a minor gameplay tweak -- an improvement but not an innovative development.
2c. Also, it's not different because you still collect coins and stars and stuff.

3a. Zomg.

My responses:

1. No it isn't.
1a. I defer to naznatips on this, and he has shown that he is right, and many, many sources readily available on the Net back him up.

2. Yes it is.
2a. Don't be silly.
2b. The gravity mechanic is HUGE, and your dismissal of it indicates to me that you don't really grasp the doors it opens in terms of new gameplay possibilities. I don't blame you too much -- I think we all will learn quite a bit only after experiencing this game -- but your refusal to see even the glimmering potential is quite frustrating.
2c. Are you serious? That's like saying a FPS is unoriginal because you shoot people.

3. Don't be silly. If you want to stick your fingers in your ears and yell "la la la I'm not listening", you have that right, but don't pretend you're participating in a debate that way.

Second your responses are your opinions.......what ive been saying this whole time.

Not quite.  You said, "I win the argument, so since I won everyone has to stop talking about it."  Are you 10 years old? 

But since you so obviously aren't interested in constructive debate I am willing to drop it. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Final-Fan said:

3a. Zomg.

My responses:

1. No it isn't.

2. Yes it is.
2a. Don't be silly.
2c. Are you serious? That's like saying a FPS is unoriginal because you shoot people.

Not quite.  You said, "I win the argument, so since I won everyone has to stop talking about it."  Are you 10 years old? 

But since you so obviously aren't interested in constructive debate I am willing to drop it. 

When did i say that? Your sticking words into my mouth and being an inconsiderate prick. NOw drop it, your raising shit thats already been resolved. Your trying to have a debate with no winner and i see no point

Around the Network
Lost tears of Kain said:
Final-Fan said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Final-Fan said:

3a. Zomg.

My responses:

1. No it isn't.

2. Yes it is.
2a. Don't be silly.

Not quite. You said, "I win the argument, so since I won everyone has to stop talking about it." Are you 10 years old?

When did i say that? Your sticking words into my mouth and being an inconsiderate prick. NOw drop it, your raising shit thats already been resolved. Your trying to have a debate with no winner and i see no point

I didn't mean to claim that that was an actual quote but rather a depiction of your demeanor.  Here is the actual quote: 

"Ill admit i was wrong, but then if thats the case, naz must admit hes wrong about bioshock and call of duty. Same with dweti saying Bioshock is pretty much System shock 2.

"Its all opinions, and im afraid i sent us down a dark path, and again im leaving it so leave this topic alone

"You all got it, good then leave it alone"

So basically you admitted that your (totally unsubstantiated) claims were wrong UNDER THE CONDITION that you be allowed to pronounce naznatips' well-cited, yet-to-be-refuted description of Bioshock also wrong.

Then you say that since you have so neatly settled the debate, everyone should shut the hell up about it. 

I am trying to say, 'You don't get to make that kind of unilateral decision, but since this debate isn't going anywhere I'm fine with letting it die.'  (Notice the half-quotes?  That's what I should have used before.)  Repeat:  I AM FINE WITH LETTING THIS DEBATE DIE.  I JUST DENY THAT YOU HAVE THE POWER TO DECLARE WHO IS RIGHT AND WRONG AND ORDER EVERYONE TO STOP TALKING. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Final-Fan said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Final-Fan said:

3a. Zomg.

My responses:

1. No it isn't.

2. Yes it is.
2a. Don't be silly.

Not quite. You said, "I win the argument, so since I won everyone has to stop talking about it." Are you 10 years old?

I didn't mean to claim that that was an actual quote but rather a depiction of your demeanor.  Here is the actual quote: 

"Ill admit i was wrong, but then if thats the case, naz must admit hes wrong about bioshock and call of duty. Same with dweti saying Bioshock is pretty much System shock 2.

"Its all opinions, and im afraid i sent us down a dark path, and again im leaving it so leave this topic alone

"You all got it, good then leave it alone"

So basically you admitted that your (totally unsubstantiated) claims were wrong UNDER THE CONDITION that you be allowed to pronounce naznatips' well-cited, yet-to-be-refuted description of Bioshock also wrong.

Then you say that since you have so neatly settled the debate, everyone should shut the hell up about it. 

I am trying to say, 'You don't get to make that kind of unilateral decision, but since this debate isn't going anywhere I'm fine with letting it die.'  (Notice the half-quotes?  That's what I should have used before.)  Repeat:  I AM FINE WITH LETTING THIS DEBATE DIE.  I JUST DENY THAT YOU HAVE THE POWER TO DECLARE WHO IS RIGHT AND WRONG AND ORDER EVERYONE TO STOP TALKING. 

I said that "unsbustantiated" claim, because it wont happen. Its not wrong, neither am i.

Im saying its over, cause its only causing shit, so yes im taking authority here and saying its over for the better of everyone.

"I AM FINE WITH LETTING THIS DEBATE DIE. I JUST DENY YOU HAVE THE POWER TO DECALRE WHO IS RIGHT AND WRONG"

BINGO BINGO BINGO BINGO, you do NOT HAVE THE POWER, TO TELL ME IF MY OPINIONS ON MARO ARE RIGHT AND WRONG.

You do NOT have the power to tell me what i think is wrong. YOu finally release it, what ive been shouting at you all along.

Your right i dont, but neither do you, telling me my opinion is wrong just because you say it is.

Ahem.

The whole point of a debate is that each side claims that its opinion is right and/or that the opposing side's opinion is wrong, and each of them provides arguments to support its own opinion or discredit the opposing opinion. This continues until one or both sides is completely discredited, concedes, or withdraws without conceding.

If you don't want to do that, then fine. You don't want to debate.

Ahh, what happened to my thread! :((

I was only gone for a couple of hours...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Final-Fan said:
Ahem.

The whole point of a debate is that each side claims that its opinion is right and/or that the opposing side's opinion is wrong, and each of them provides arguments to support its own opinion or discredit the opposing opinion. This continues until one or both sides is completely discredited, concedes, or withdraws without conceding.

If you don't want to do that, then fine. You don't want to debate.

okie dokie, since im 10 i dont want to debate

No seriously, we could do that, but im stating whats the point? You can never truely discredit a opinion, unless you can with facts...... which most of what youve been stating is opinions =/