By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy - on track for "2nd Best Game Ever"

Final-Fan said:
Perks can be a big word the big perk in galaxy is the gravity system, and other things

I have Super mario 64, again you cant say im wrong, its OPINION, my entire point from the start

No. Just no.

Halo 2 is Halo with perks; Halo 3 is Halo 2 with really big, really shiny perks.
SSBM is SSB with perks; SSBB will be SSBM with big, shiny, online perks.

Perfect Dark is Goldeneye with perks, and by the way that's a perfect analogy for Bioshock right there.

SMB --> SMB3 is not "perks".
LttP --> OoT is not "perks".
S Metroid --> M Prime is not "perks".
SMWorld --> SM64 is not "perks".

And SM64 --> SMG is not "perks".

DO you understand the meaning of opinion, to ME UNDERSTAND ME DO YOU? Galaxy is ALOT like SM 64 with alot of added perks and gameplay that make it different. DO you understand your opinion is NOT fact.

This has been my arguement from the begining.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

Halo is a remake of Mario with just different environments, gameplay, story, grpahics, and physics.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Final-Fan said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
dtewi said:
Super Mario Bros. 2 had a different story than Doki Doki panic but it was still the same game basically but with different enemies, characters etc.

This applies to Bioshock and SS2 which are basically the same.

You can state this its your opinion

If you state that though, im saying that SMG and Super mario 64 are the same, ive looked up SS 2 and bioshock, story is completely different, just like how the gameplay in SM 64 and SMG gameplay is different.

But i guess it is your opinion, im sick of argueing with everyone.

I think the true colors of this site have been shown, with all the mods, the top ranking games, and how any decent game on 360 or ps3 never get high ratings only nintendo games. Breaks my heart

Dont get me wrong, In my eyes SMG is one of the greatest games ever made, but you all seem to think its completely new, and ive stated my opinion and youve all shot me down for it.

Its either your pro nintendo on this site, or your shot down, great choices

Look, you seem to be using "JUST OPINION LOL" like it's some shield that can protect you from all counterarguments.  Yes, you can have an opinion no matter what.  We don't dispute that.  But we are saying that your opinion is contrary to the facts while ours are not. 

Youve given me 0, i mean 0 facts to disprove me, youve given me your opinion.

Here in case you dont understand the definition of opinion.

An opinion is a person's ideas and thoughts towards something. It is an assessment, judgment or evaluation of something. An opinion is not a fact, because opinions are either not falsifiable, or the opinion has not been proven or verified. If it later becomes proven or verified, it is no longer an opinion, but a fact.

Your guys facts are your opinions that the gameplay is big time different and makes it pretty much a different game completely from SMG to an extent. I can disagree with you guys (i dont fully but to an extent) but i cant prove you wrong, and you cant prove me wrong.

Im ending this now, your going into opinion vs opinion arguements and niether of us can win.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

So your saying that SMG is like SM64 except with completely different gameplay?

o.O

Oh and "Its either your pro nintendo on this site, or your shot down, great choices"

Have a cry, seriously I am so sick of people saying 'because I'm a minority I can't be wrong!' both in real life and on the internet. Not liking Nintendo doesn't make you right, it doesn't make you wrong either but stop using it as a shield to deflect constructive arguments.

Lost tears of Kain said:
Final-Fan said:
Perks can be a big word the big perk in galaxy is the gravity system, and other things

I have Super mario 64, again you cant say im wrong, its OPINION, my entire point from the start

No. Just no.

Halo 2 is Halo with perks; Halo 3 is Halo 2 with really big, really shiny perks.

Perfect Dark is Goldeneye with perks, and by the way that's a perfect analogy for Bioshock right there.

DO you understand the meaning of opinion, to ME UNDERSTAND ME DO YOU? Galaxy is ALOT like SM 64 with alot of added perks and gameplay that make it different. DO you understand your opinion is NOT fact.

Just because something's an opinion doesn't mean it can't be wrong.  I could say, "It's my opinion that I am a better basketball player than Lebron James."  If I said that, I'd be wrong, regardless of it being an opinion or not.  Please stop trying to use the opinion thing an attempt to block any arguments that are raised against what you say.  The opinion excuse can be used in extremely subjective areas such as the emotions that are gotten from a game or the amount that you enjoyed it, but, otherwise, most opinions can easily be disputed and disproved.

Around the Network

Link-bombs are not going to support your case. I understand the English language perfectly well, thanks.

Do you honestly not understand the difference between Halo/Halo2/Halo3 and Link to the Past / Ocarina of Time? I didn't think I had to spell it out but I will if you insist.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

dtewi said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
dtewi said:
Super Mario Bros. 2 had a different story than Doki Doki panic but it was still the same game basically but with different enemies, characters etc.

This applies to Bioshock and SS2 which are basically the same.

You can state this its your opinion

Actually it is a fact. They are the SAME EXACT GAME (Doki Doki panic and SMB2)

Wasnt talking about that....

If you state that though, im saying that SMG and Super mario 64 are the same, ive looked up SS 2 and bioshock, story is completely different, just like how the gameplay in SM 64 and SMG gameplay is different.

A different story doesn't make it a different game.

And different gameplay does, but with the exact same story, objectives, and items to collect?

But i guess it is your opinion, im sick of argueing with everyone.

If you can't handle the arguing nature of this site than leave. We argue when people spew BS or make wrong statements. So either leave or suck it up.

No im fine with argueing a pointless battle, be my guest and continue, opinions are not facts, understand the difference. You can argue facts, you cant opinions.

I think the true colors of this site have been shown, with all the mods, the top ranking games, and how any decent game on 360 or ps3 never get high ratings only nintendo games. Breaks my heart 

Maybe they should make better games then. Nintendo has the best games ever made. And don't say "OPINION ZOMG!!!11"

Dont get me wrong, In my eyes SMG is one of the greatest games ever made, but you all seem to think its completely new, and ive stated my opinion and youve all shot me down for it.

It is new for bringing an entirely different approach to platformers.

Yes your opinion, and i agree, its not a new game though, least not in my opinion.

Its either your pro nintendo on this site, or your shot down, great choices

Rath said:

o.O

Oh and "Its either your pro nintendo on this site, or your shot down, great choices"

Have a cry, seriously I am so sick of people saying 'because I'm a minority I can't be wrong!' both in real life and on the internet. Not liking Nintendo doesn't make you right, it doesn't make you wrong either but stop using it as a shield to deflect constructive arguments.

Fine ill have a cry thanks.

If i talk shit about SMG ill get shot down, or if i say anything bad about nintendo.

I say something shit about how the ps3 or 360 is doing, ill get agreed with.

tarheel91 said:
Lost tears of Kain said:
Final-Fan said:

No. Just no.

Just because something's an opinion doesn't mean it can't be wrong.  I could say, "It's my opinion that I am a better basketball player than Lebron James."  If I said that, I'd be wrong, regardless of it being an opinion or not.  Please stop trying to use the opinion thing an attempt to block any arguments that are raised against what you say.  The opinion excuse can be used in extremely subjective areas such as the emotions that are gotten from a game or the amount that you enjoyed it, but, otherwise, most opinions can easily be disputed and disproved.

Opinions can be disputed and disproved with facts.

You would be wrong maybe to other people, but not to yourself about being a better basektball player.

We are going into peoples minds, im saying we end this right now, i mean right now

Rath said:

o.O

Have a cry, seriously I am so sick of people saying 'because I'm a minority I can't be wrong!' both in real life and on the internet. Not liking Nintendo doesn't make you right, it doesn't make you wrong either but stop using it as a shield to deflect constructive arguments

It does get a tad bit annoying.  Everytime I see someone like that, I instantly connect them this Mad TV skit.  Sad thing is, they're not trying to be funny.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m7nCyodUDrQ

In case you failed to make the connection, Lost Tears of Kain, I'm essentially asserting that you're the same as that woman.