By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy - on track for "2nd Best Game Ever"

Galaxy has been raking in the reviews. I know its still early - but its going to be hard for anyone to give it less than 90, or even 95 (it has only 1 review under 95 to date - from "gamesTM" magazine).

(I will continue to update this, as more scores are added)

Current Metacritic score: 97% (13 reviews)

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/supermariogalaxy

Current GameRanking score: 97.1% (13 reviews)

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/915692.asp

Ladies & Gents - I think we are looking at the new "2nd best game of all time". I think its going to end up above 'The Orange Box' (96.5% on GameRankings) - and below Zelda OoT (unless something dramatic happens, and it ends up scoring just above Zelda - unlikely).

This would give Ninty 3 of the top 5 best games ever (Zelda, Metroid & Mario) - and would push the Half-Life 2 out of the top#10 (sort of fair, considering its there again with the OrangeBox anyway!).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

I hope Gamespot will not rune it. SMG deserves be the best 2nd game.

It deserves to be the BEST GAME EVER!!

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

GameSpot already reviewed it - 9.5

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

@konnichiwa Gamespot gave it 9.5! http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/action/supermario128/review.html?sid=6182474&tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot I wouldnt give a shit if the Wii stopped selling tommorrow, if it had no 3rd party support whatsoever or even if nintendo suddenly went out of buisness as long as I had this game. I remember feeling that way when I was playing Zelda:Ocarina. Nothing else mattered! Does anybody else finf them selves smiling to themselves when watch SMG videos? I do and its something I havent done for a long, long time

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Around the Network

To early to tell.... bioshock got was at 97 at this time as well shams then got hit with multiple good reviews but not 9.5+ and dropped to 96

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Another perfect score, this time 5/5 from Gamespy!

It's pretty awesome that Galaxy is currently the top rated game of this gen. It's at 97 on Metacritic, while the 360's best titles are at 96, and the PS3's top game is at 95. I don't think it's going to last, so let's enjoy it while we can. =P

Hmm, Bioshock had 97 with around 15 reviews. It will be brought down, but likely remain in the top 5.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

97.1 on gamerankings now, 13 reviews