By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy - on track for "2nd Best Game Ever"

Ok, with 14 review at the moment, Galaxy is just 0.3% below OoT on Gamerankings.

It now depends on smaller sites. If they are sincere this game WILL take the crown from OoT as the best rated game. If they are traffic hungry, it may peak at #3. What do you think?

Around the Network

I want to use fire mario!!!

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

I am even more interested to see where it lands now. I know where MrStickBall and DKII are coming from with the way games can get slammed by a few reviewers who ruin it for everyone.

But I still think Mario will not be doomed to that fate. I will be surprised by anything less than 3rd.

Uh oh, here we go with the whole Japanese 1st sales week all over again!

To Each Man, Responsibility

beware of edge magazine, they once gave mario 64 a perfect 10 but some of their recent reviews (bioshock 8, metroid prime 3 7) make me suspect an 8 for SMG. I hope im wrong and they give it a 10 as most reviews have stated it to be better than Mario64. Other than this i cant see any review coming it at below a 9.

What does the number in brackets next to the average on gamerankings.com mean? If I'm right, I think it means they discard the outliers (very high and very low scores) before calculating the real value and the number in brackets shows what it would be had they not.

That means that an 80% score would be discarded now, but also one 100% score will be too.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

btw where did mario 64 come from on gamerankings? its in the top 10 now (yipee). who reviewed it recently to give it the 20 review minimum?

Could be VC re-reviews.

ArtofAngels, where is that sig pic from?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Sorry guys, but I really still don't see it happening. I'm hardly a pessimist either. There is a chance, but games don't make it into the top 10 so easily, and 14 reviews isn't enough to tell. I will admit though that it's impressive that it's up to 97.3 now.

Someone will bring it down just to be "different". I'm sure you'll see an outlier somewhere in the 80's before too long.

So I don't think it will stay at 2, but I do think it will stay in the top 10.

What they outta do on these sites is that for every 10 reviews, get rid of a top and bottom score. So at 30 reviews, eliminate the top 3 and bottom 3 scores to get rid sites intentionally trying to bring a score up or down.