By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yamauchi: Gran Turismo 5 is 90 percent complete

Attoyou said:
this game better be Amazing after this many years...

exactly.... ;p 

Around the Network
iLLmaticV3 said:
I hope this doesn't get delayed until Holiday 2010, I have a feeling Q4 2010 is going to have a lot of good games too.

to me Q4 2010 is jan2011 to march2011

Time to Work !

libellule said:
iLLmaticV3 said:
I hope this doesn't get delayed until Holiday 2010, I have a feeling Q4 2010 is going to have a lot of good games too.

to me Q4 2010 is jan2011 to march2011

Why? You work with financials?

Slimebeast,

It thought it was the way that WE, here at VGC, were used to talk

Time to Work !

libellule said:
Slimebeast,

Sometimes yes. But it's only because publishers release these financial forecasts and include targeted game releases in them, and they follow this stupid non-calendar year formula where Q4 is Jan-March.

But for the common man Q4 is Oct-Dec.

Around the Network

I'm guessing a worldwide summer release is on the cards. Sony still has plenty of time to announce a lineup for Q4 to go along with The Last Guardian, Agent, Twisted Metal, Resistance 3, etc. However Sony doesn't have much longer to announce a major release for the summer period that they typically have.

2007: Warhawk
2008: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
2009: InFamous
2010: ???

Honestly, I'd say that the summer would be an excellent time for GT5 to release. It will create a MGS4 sized spike for summer PS3 sales and GT5 is a series that sells largely on legs. The sooner it comes out, the more it will sell. It would also tie in with the launch of 3D capable televisions from Sony.

as long as they don't pull a duke nukem with this :D

Slimebeast said:
libellule said:
Slimebeast,

Sometimes yes. But it's only because publishers release these financial forecasts and include targeted game releases in them, and they follow this stupid non-calendar year formula where Q4 is Jan-March.

But for the common man Q4 is Oct-Dec.

then I m not so common man ;)

Time to Work !

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
Ajescent said:
Speculation is good and all but just because we don't know what's coming out at christmas doesn't mean there's nothing coming out at all, we don't know what's coming 2011, does that mean there's nothing at all?

Well, almost all games are being announced at least one year before release to build up hype. Especially the big, important ones.

And since there's no new games revealed, we must conclude that the Holiday lineup looks slim. And from that I draw the conclusion that even if GT5 would be finished and ready for release in the Summer, Sony will decide to release it in November or December.

Gears 2, Resistance 2, Motorstom: Pacific Rift, and Siren: Blood Curse all disprove this theory. Amnd Ajscent is right, we DON'T know of what's to come. With that knowledge, or lack thereof, waiting until E3 seem the logical move.

Tell me, how many people claimed Microsoft's holiday line-up in 09 looked "slim", and were attacked by the Xbox Community in full force, only to have their theories erased when the announcements of release dates started to roll in? As mentioned, it's too early to claim what's "slim" or not, though speculating isn't exactly a bad thing.

It just isn't an absolute.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii was announced what, 5/6 Months before release?

Look at it now!

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
Ajescent said:
Speculation is good and all but just because we don't know what's coming out at christmas doesn't mean there's nothing coming out at all, we don't know what's coming 2011, does that mean there's nothing at all?

Well, almost all games are being announced at least one year before release to build up hype. Especially the big, important ones.

And since there's no new games revealed, we must conclude that the Holiday lineup looks slim. And from that I draw the conclusion that even if GT5 would be finished and ready for release in the Summer, Sony will decide to release it in November or December.

Gears 2, Resistance 2, Motorstom: Pacific Rift, and Siren: Blood Curse all disprove this theory. And Ajescent is right, we DON'T know of what's to come. With that knowledge, or lack thereof, waiting until E3 seem the logical move.

Tell me, how many people claimed Microsoft's holiday line-up in 09 looked "slim", and were attacked by the Xbox Community in full force, only to have their theories erased when the announcements of release dates started to roll in? As mentioned, it's too early to claim what's "slim" or not, though speculating isn't exactly a bad thing.

It just isn't an absolute.

Well, the actual X360 Holiday lineup in 2009 was in fact very slim. Even the most rabid Xbox fans here admit that it felt very thin.